Original topic:

TV will not power on periodically, connectivity and optical audio issues, auto shut down issues

(Topic created on: 03-06-2023 10:28 AM)
fmDesign
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Hello I recently purchased a 75 inch NeoQled TV  Model code: QA75QN95BAWXXY. - Running the latest software .

#Problem number 1. - Power on problem

I am finding that periodically the TV will not power on. This happens several times every two weeks or so and is becoming a real problem as I wouldn't expect this kind of thing from such an expensive TV. I have had all the earlier versions of the Samsung Smart TV and never had any problems.

The red standby light will disappear and the only way to turn on is to physically unplug the power from the OneConnect hub and then plug back in. 

I run all the diagnostics and everything is ok, I am running the latest software and cannot find any fault with the TV after re-seating the power cable. 

The remote control is 80% charged so its not this either.

I have plugged power cable into a known working power source and other different power sources, replaced the power cable with a compatible cable supplied from Harvey Norman retailer where I purchased the TV and have the same problem.

I have checked all connectivity and physical cables and all ok.

Anyone come across a problem like this? I suspect a problem with the one-connect hub as I cant seem to fault anything else.

#Problem Number 2: Network Connectivity

At least 2 or 3 times whilst the TV is on I get a pop up messages that Network connectivity has dropped out and then 1 second after I get another message pop up that connectivity has been established. While this is  all happening there is no picture or sound interruption with the TV, so in reality I can assume there is no real issue with the connectivity. 

The TV is LAN connected to the Telstra hub, supplied by Foxtel and the cable run is less than 500mm away.

I perform all connectivity diagnostics and physical cabling  - everything checks out ok. It is the same cable and setup as I had with my old Samsung Smart TV and never had any connectivity issues. I could go wireless but that would defeat the purpose of having the best available input signal to my TV as the wireless network is shared with other devices and prefer to be wired.

Again I suspect a problem with the OneConnect hub.

#Problem Number 3 - Audio

The TV has no antenna connectivity. It is connected via Foxtel Set Top box which carries a signal from Satellite connectivity to an NBN connection. I have a BOSE surround sound system (Lifestyle 25) which is connected into the OneConnect hub with an optical cable and supports the current audio format. If I view channels via the Foxtel Set Top box, including using the included apps for Netflix and Disney via the Foxtel Set Top box service, the audio is fine.

But if I try and access Foxtel, Netflix and Disney via the apps deployed /installed on the initial Samsung home page (select the home button on the remote control) I get scrambled sound....but if I then switch to the TV speakers, in the settings for the TV the audio is fine via these apps. The strange thing is though even with TV speakers settings selected the sound is still coming out of my surround speakers of my BOSE system which is connected via the same optical cable on the OneConnect hub.???

I run all the hub connectivity diagnostics and physical connections and everything checks out ok

Again I suspect there is something going on with the OneConnect Hub??

#Problem 4 - power Saving features to switch TV off after a period of inactive time

I have setup the TV to switch off after 4 hours of inactivity as we often fall asleep in front of the TV, Problem is sometimes it turns off and other times it will not. I check the settings and they are correct as expected. TV is running the latest software and cannot find any faults with the diagnostics available in the TV settings.

I wouldn't expect  to have all these problems for such an expensive TV. I have had all the earlier versions of the Samsung Smart TV with exact same connectivity/setup and never had any of these problems.

If anyone has experience with any or all of these issues, I would be very grateful to her from you.

7 Comments
Murphbrau
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi, I have this exact same issue as previous poster:

" #Problem number 1. - Power on problem

I am finding that periodically the TV will not power on. This happens several times every two weeks or so and is becoming a real problem as I wouldn't expect this kind of thing from such an expensive TV. I have had all the earlier versions of the Samsung Smart TV and never had any problems."

I called and exchanged the entire tv system with one connect. This must be a known problem. Any updates. I'dhate to have to return itbut it is not something I'm willing to live with/

0 Likes
Murphbrau
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Same issue with my QN75QN95BAFXZA. GeekSquad came out to troubleshoot but it was working at the time of his visit. We got an entire replacement and still happening so it must be a defect in the overall design.  

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @fmDesign

I am sorry that you are having this issue.
I would really like to look into this for you.
If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this issue escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - TV connectivity and optical audio issues <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community handle.

Name: 

Email:

Contact Number: 

Proffered call back time: 8am-5pm

State of residence 

Model

Serial Number:

Product Issue: 

Trouble Shooting Provided:  Cold reboot

Restart

Factory Reset 

Kind Regards, 

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
cookie88cookie
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi SamsungClaudette, I am having the same "power on" issue with my 65 inch QN700A Neo 8k QLED. I purchased this at the end of August 2021 and have not had this problem before. I have unplugged and tried to reboot, but the TV just won't stay on. The screen goes dark grey, then black, and then turns off. 

I have had one other sporadic problem, which is that the screen sometimes gets a pink tinge. Unplugging fixes this one.

This was a $4,000 TV, bought 18 months ago. I cant get anyone at Samsung support to answer the phone, and no call back service. Not good at all.

Thanks for your help.

cookie88cookie

0 Likes
Murphbrau
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

fmDesign, did you receive any help for any of your issues? I'm getting crickets from Samsung and where I purchased.

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hey @Murphbrau

I am sorry that you are having a similar issue.
I would really like to look into this for you.
If you could send an email through to members.au@samsung.com I will have this issue escalated for you.

Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - TV connectivity and optical audio issues <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community handle.

Name: 

Email:

Contact Number: 

Proffered call back time: 8am-5pm

State of residence 

Model

Serial Number:

Product Issue: 

Trouble Shooting Provided:  Cold reboot

Restart

Factory Reset 

Kind Regards, 

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Murphbrau
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

Hi. I sent an email a few days ago. Please let me know if you did not see it.

0 Likes