Original topic:

Voice Button not Working on AU8000 TV

(Topic created on: 06-23-2022 03:22 PM)
arc50
Active Level 1
Options
TV & Audio

I have an AU8000 TV and the Voice Button on the remote does not work. Previously when I pressed it Bixby displayed and I could ask a question, now nothing happens. I have tried changing to Google but it still doesn't work.

Also on YouTube, I used to be able to search using voice, but now it comes up with the message "Something went wrong - Try search with a different method"

I have tried updating the software and there are no new updated, it's on version 2001.3. I am connected to the internet and all apps work OK.

If it's the remote that is the problem my TV is still under warranty, how do I get a replacement?

7 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @arc50, are you able to try a re-pair your remote to your TV? 

To do this: 

Press and hold the Return and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until you see a notification on the TV

0 Likes
arc50
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

I tried the above with and without the TV turned on. A red LED light flashes above the Voice button but there was no notification on the TV and the Voice button still does not work.

0 Likes
arc50
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

The Voice button is still not working on my remote control.

I have installed the SmartThings app on my phone and using my phone I can tap the microphone icon and Bixby displays which suggests the Voice button on my remote control is broken.

As I mention before my TV is still under warranty, how do I get a replacement remote control?

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @arc50, thanks for the update. Could you send through a PM with your state and suburb so that I can look into your nearest service centre? 

In the meantime, please go through the troubleshooting steps on the below page. 

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/use-and-charge-solar-powered-tv-remote/ 

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
TV & Audio

Thanks for sending that through @arch50, I've sent you a direct message with more details. 

0 Likes
arc50
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

Can you please reply to my message in direct messages

0 Likes
arc50
Active Level 1
TV & Audio

The new remote control arrived today and the Voice button works.

0 Likes