Original topic:

Active 2 watch issues

(Topic created on: 10-18-2021 04:27 PM)
Dibz84
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
My Galaxy active 2 watch has started to play up, wont recognise i am touching the screen, then at times acts like something is touching it and vibrates and goes through widgets and pages.
Has anyone had this issue?
And while on subject are there any main differences between the active 2 watch and the new 4 watch? If i have to get a new one.
I use my watch daily for everything
8 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @Dibz84, please send through an error report for our team to investigate. 

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.
0 Likes
Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Wearables
Hello Dibz,
I haven't got one, I haven't even looked at one but knowing about technology a little it sounds like you need to plug it in to a computer or pair it with your phone and try to clear the cache, however I'm not exactly sure where you might find that. You might try (on your phone) settings/ scroll down till you find Apps/open/ scroll down till you find the app for your linked smartwatch/open this/scroll down till you find 'storage' /open/ scroll to 'cache' oh sorry below on right you should see 'clear cache' button/ press. Do this for any other apps on your phone connected to your phone like the fitness one for example. When you've done this turn the phone and the watch off and restart them. Check also for any updates that you may not have installed yet. Sometimes things go nuts if there's a new reupdate that hasn't been installed. Now restart the phone and the watch then try your apps again, your watch again. This should work. Oh also if you have too much stuff on your watch could cause problems, check your hard drive space on your watch if almost full plug your watch into your computer or your phone and transfer all your in necessary stuff off it like photos or music/turn off/restart.
Or if worst comes to worse transfer any data you don't want to lose to your phone or computer and do a full factory reset on the watch/ however this way you'll have to set it back up again from scratch, ie: re-enter your card details etc. So I suggest you try clearing the cache out of the apps first. Also if your finding what I'm saying confusing and or want to see in greater detail always look for things you want help with on YouTube, ok. Never forget this. For instance either ask Google to search YouTube or open the you tube app first and type in the search bar, my Samsung watch is not working properly, or how do I clear the cache on my s.sung watch, etc. And just WATCH the videos ok. No pun intended ha, ha.
Please let me know how you go. Thx.
PS. You probably don't need to buy a newer model just make sure you've updated both the phone and the watch to the latest updates, and if need be buy some bigger memory SD cards, for both ok. But honestly it sounds like you just need to clear the cache from probably both your phone and your watch ok.
Good luck, please let me know. 😉
0 Likes
Dibz84
Active Level 3
Wearables
Thanks for this advice, but it will not register a normal touch so i cant go through to any settings to be able to do this from the watch.
All devices are always updated to current updates and i dont actually store anything on the watch for it to hold memory.
Ive used this watch for 2 years with no issues til now
0 Likes
Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Wearables
There should be a way to factory reset it, have you ever plugged it into a computer
0 Likes
Members_9brxqOH
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Hey, I have the exact same issue and it happened after i got rained on....I even put the waterlock on! Did you get rained on?

I have seen lots of posts with people having the same issues after it got inadvertently wet

I have reset it multiple times which took forever because it wouldn't recognize touch.

I don't seem to be able to do an error report-were you able to from the wearable app?

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @Dibz84, in that case, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
Dibz84
Active Level 3
Wearables
I ended up sending it away as it was still under warranty. They replaces most parts on it it seems. Battery still drains really quickly even though its not being used for much but otherwise the touch works again
sylvester6cat
Active Level 1
Wearables
Have you tried resetting the watch and start again
0 Likes