Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Apps music / spotify

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 11:07 AM)
Rhaka
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Hi I remember since a month ago music app on galaxy watch cannot run properly so i can't control music through the watch, anyone having some issue? I had suspicious about music app from samsung can't run over the apps again.
*spotify account already connected 
**already try to logout/login acc spotify 
But the same result, cannot control music #spotify #music

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
How to say this....
A paid version, I think via web ( or maybe app ) once logged in, could be connected and controlled via different devices ie Alexa or Galaxy watch. These devices are no need to have a paid version anymore because, 1) it's connected to your paid account already 2) There's no 'paid' spotify app specifically for galaxy watch, because it works by connecting/linking to your paid app/web account.

Answering to your earlier question, I could safely say that for first few 'free' controls, it's a tactic to lure you to pay later for that option. There's always an update to disable the option once you are hooked up to it.

Same goes to me. Tried free version earlier and now becomes one of the paid customers, literally 😅
And yes, no issue what so ever with my Galaxy watch controlling the music. 👌🏻

View solution in context

9 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
If I remember it correctly, Spotify must be a paid version, not a free type.
0 Likes
Rhaka
Active Level 4
Wearables
Oke if it is true, then why suddenly cannot control the music. Coz from the first time i used to free version as you said & can control the music. But tbh i just know spotify have a paid version on galaxy app
0 Likes
Rhaka
Active Level 4
Wearables
By the way, there is no paid version spotify app on watch ya
0 Likes
Solution
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
How to say this....
A paid version, I think via web ( or maybe app ) once logged in, could be connected and controlled via different devices ie Alexa or Galaxy watch. These devices are no need to have a paid version anymore because, 1) it's connected to your paid account already 2) There's no 'paid' spotify app specifically for galaxy watch, because it works by connecting/linking to your paid app/web account.

Answering to your earlier question, I could safely say that for first few 'free' controls, it's a tactic to lure you to pay later for that option. There's always an update to disable the option once you are hooked up to it.

Same goes to me. Tried free version earlier and now becomes one of the paid customers, literally 😅
And yes, no issue what so ever with my Galaxy watch controlling the music. 👌🏻
Rhaka
Active Level 4
Wearables
Ah you mean premium account spotify okay got it, but I already premium tho. But still cant control over the apps on watch, before upgrade premium account i have control too on the watch so i think the problem is not on account but the apps itself either spotify app or music app on samsung watch
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
Maybe you need to unpair the watch in Spotify app and then perform a fresh pair.
I don't have any issue so far. It works flawlessly on my watch 4.
Screenshot_20220504-120446_Spotify_17798_1651637086.jpg
Rhaka
Active Level 4
Wearables
It's weird but it works when I remove connected device from spotify app on my phone then i can successfully control spotify over the watch, look at the music pop up there. Before that it's gone, but after remove connected device (my watch) i can manage 😆 all i know is wrong methods but it is what it is now I'm back in control through the watch haha. Thanks for the reply, really appreciate that20220504_131106_32507_1651641069.jpgScreenshot_20220504-131043_Spotify_32506_1651641043.jpg
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
That's great!.
I think now you are using watch own music controller instead of spotify app watch controller. It basically does the job but with less option/ info compared to spotify's own controller.
Possibly there's some bug when the app is enabled/linked.
All the best👌🏻

p/s: If you feel my explanation helps, appreciate it if you could accept the solution by clicking the 3 dots.
Cheers🤟🏻
Rhaka
Active Level 4
Wearables
Yea i think, but still okay rather than not use any of it. Okay on the way 3 dots