Original topic:

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 05:33 AM)
Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Hello community.
After the latest update that I did on my Galaxy watch, the battery seems to be draining a lot faster than before. Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be causing this?
Thank you!
0 Likes
9 Comments
Wearables
Open Wearable app → Account and backup → Backup data
Click backup

Now, you can click General → Reset
After reset your watch, you can restore watch data from backup.

Monitor your watch if battery still drain fast or not.
Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hi Tallman. I will monitor it to see if it changed.
Thank you!
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hi Jaybird11,

As suggested by reset the Samsung watch. which might help to resolve the battery draining on your watch.

Follow the steps provided by  to Backup and perform a reset on your watch.

Thanks, 

0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Wearables
Is it the first generation? I can't speak for the newer ones but for my og galaxy watch 46mm I did a reset after the last update and I can get from 5 to 6 and half days depending of usage. For once an update fixed a battery drain lol. I use to only get 3 or less days.
0 Likes
Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hi Vape. It's the OG! I've never got that much battery out of one charge. What's the trick? I normally just get a day. Am I doing something wrong?
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Wearables
Well, I don't always have it connect to my phone, maybe a few hours a day. I don't use crazy watch faces that use a lot of ram and tend to lighter on the colours. also, I use good night mode when I **bleep**.

Don't fill the memory on the watch neither this will cause lag and battery drain try and save 250 Mb of storage .

Screenshot_20210326-053750_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
Wearables
Yes, even if you have most things turned on, my GW 1st gen 46mm can have 3 days battery life. But my wife 42mm only has 2 days since 42mm use small capacity battery.
0 Likes
QuackFu
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Used to get 3 or 4 days and now I get about 14 hours since last update and absolutely nothing has changed in watch face or apps.  So hopefully a reset does the trick because this is making it worthless.

0 Likes
Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Wearables
Exactly. Kinda regret buying this **bleep** watch!
0 Likes