Original topic:

Beware of Galaxy Watch 5 Pro promotion

(Topic created on: 11-22-2022 07:18 PM)
Samsung_mnAbXaf
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hello,

Normally I never post anything but my recent experience with Samsung Canada regarding their trade in promotion for a older Samsung Watch for the new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro has me perplexed.

Somehow Best Buy sold me an international Galaxy Watch a number of years ago.  (I had no idea this was the case and apparently both international and Canadian watches are sold there)   In discussing the trade in with customer service and escalating the matter I've been told that the international model does not qualify for this promotion.  I have scoured the webpage but unless I'm missing this there is no mention of this aforementioned policy.  I've been told that this will only be determined when Samsung receives your old watch.  So be wary - make sure it's domestic!

I will comment that the level of customer service has been sub-par.  I've asked to speak to a representative by phone but all staff and escalation attempts have been met with static emails touting policy.

In all my 25 plus years of being a Samsung customer - laptops, cell phones, watches, ear buds .... you would think that there would be some gesture of goodwill given that their policy is not explicitly stated.

Sorry Samsung - you just lost a customer and I won't be recommending you in the future.

4 Comments
Wearables
I have a Samsung s10+ from India which is not recognized by its IMEI or serial number during trade-in in the Samsung Canada website. So I guess it applies to all devices and not limited to watches.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

I get that you are unhappy, but in this case, I kinda side with Samsung Canada. 

I'm also pretty surprised that Best Buy would be selling anything other than Canadian hardware. 

I know that you can find US & International models on Amazon & Ebay, but Carrier & Best Buy? 

Samsung Canada can't really sell your trade in Canada, so that likely the reason why they said it doesn't qualify for the promotion.

I do absolutely agree that Samsung's Customer service is anything but "service". But I do see their position on this.

I rarely defend Samsung Canada's service, so take what you want from that. 

Maybe sell it privately, you will almost certainly get more money for it. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
He/she probably bought it from the Best buy market place trader and not direct from best buy itself.
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, we are very sorry about you and we certainly understand your situation.

Unfortunately, as it is an international model the watch is not eligible for trade-in.

0 Likes