Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Can you use a PSS charger on Galaxy BUDS 2?

(Topic created on: 09-27-2022 09:06 PM)
GenghisKhan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I recently started using Galaxy Buds2 earbuds, but have been using a phone charger. I was wondering if I could use any PSS charger for this, without problems? Also, what rating should the charger be? I can't find any mention of this in the User manual, and when I rang Support, they just kept telling me the price of the Samsung wireless chargers.

I'm also waiting for a S22 Ultra, and was hoping the same charger could be used for that (45W). Any thoughts?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wearables
You should be able to use any Chargers with the Galaxy Buds.
The Earbuds and Charger will manage its power allocation 🙂

Of course I would recommend a Samsung or a reputable charger brick to ensure no surge or spike of power occur during charging.

View solution in context

2 Comments
Solution
Wearables
You should be able to use any Chargers with the Galaxy Buds.
The Earbuds and Charger will manage its power allocation 🙂

Of course I would recommend a Samsung or a reputable charger brick to ensure no surge or spike of power occur during charging.
ibelievesyd
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

If you are going for a PSS charger from a reputed brand then you should not worry. Cheap chargers have often been unable to manage power allocation and ended up damaging the connected device or the charger itself, specially with low voltage devices like earbuds or bluetooth headphones.

I would highly recommend you to match the input parameters at the back of the earbuds (or in the user manual) with the PPS charger you will buy. A quality PPS charger is usually backward compatible and will support lower voltages. 

Mark
Zyron Tech Australia

0 Likes