Original topic:

Complaint about Samsung Watch Quality and Service

(Topic created on: 03-06-2023 04:04 PM)
E1D1ABLO
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

I am writing this to express my disappointment and frustration with the Samsung Watch quality and service. I have been using different brands of smartwatches, including Sony, Xiaomi, Huawei, Pixel, and Apple, before switching to Samsung for almost two weeks now.

Unfortunately, I have already encountered a significant issue with my Samsung Watch. I purchased the watch on November 22, and it broke last week. When I brought it to the service center, they told me that the watch had water inside it. I find it hard to believe that water could have entered the watch so easily, especially since I have used other wearables like the Apple Watch, MiFit 5, and Huawei GT, which never had any problems.

I am extremely disappointed that the Samsung Watch quality is not up to par with its competitors. It has caused me significant inconvenience, and the cost to fix it is more expensive than buying a new watch. This does not make sense at all, as the normal price for a new watch is RM1099, and the cost to repair it is RM1388.

As a customer who has invested in the Samsung environment, I regret my decision to switch to Samsung, and I intend to change my watch to a different brand in a month. I hope that Samsung can take immediate action to improve its product quality and customer service to avoid similar problems in the future.

#SamsungWatch5 #SamsungWearable

P/s Just brought S23 from pre order. Used for 2 weeks before this **bleep** up event happen. Who want to buy? Can comment too

8 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
Hi Bro.
Mind to share your watch model? Just curious, when the technician mentioned there's trace of water presence inside the watch, did they share how the water could penetrate?
E1D1ABLO
Active Level 1
Wearables
No... They never share. Samsung Watch 5.
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
Watch 5 is ip68 rated, which is it could withstand 50m in water. So, if they say there's trace of water, there should be a physical evidence of water penetration. If not, possibility it's a quality issue then.
Fight for it bro.
Ekbp
Active Level 5
Wearables
Nah, don't waste time go to their service centre. Standard reply is REPAIR. I don't even want to repair my Note 10+ display. Either buy again their new model or change to other brand. And I'm agree their products quality is dropping. Rushing release new models to earn profits and abandon quality
Edster89
Active Level 8
Wearables
I got my 5 free from my s23 ultra also. I see the price to repair so high I would have said keep it. I won't bother already.

I'm thinking whether want invest into Samsung care plus for my phone or not now rather than my watch.

I've used apple watch and now Samsung watch I can see why apple watch much better. Smart of Samsung want trap us in their environment.
E1D1ABLO
Active Level 1
Wearables
Yea... Regret selling my apple watch and ip. For this flop
0 Likes
JackF36Alim
Active Level 1
Wearables
bro, similar to my case which is since last year July. case prolong until today. One agent name am***(a **bleep** in my humble opinoon) told me I don't have proof that this is caused by device faulty, she said possible I brought it under water exceeding its limitation. now after reparation, which they put a cost on me, they don't want me to have a double guarantee of doing demo and test it under water during pickup, not in their **bleep** procedure konon what a stupid excuse. Read my post , you would understand
dyelen
Beginner Level 4
Wearables
Wow reading all this.
Mine is Watch 4.

Bought last year - I think I'm a mild user, even have a screen protector on my watchface. Early 2023, watch stopped working - took to service centre - seems the motherboard fried 🥴 - was on warranty, so free repair. Warranty ended May 2023 - 3 days ago watch screen started blinking white, red etc... Had a tough time, but managed switch off...
Kept wondering what issue could be - am guessing cos I rinsed it after workout... A Samsung Watch 4 but cannot take a simple rinse??
It's still switched off, hoping the water dries off...