Original topic:

connection issues

(Topic created on: 12-29-2020 11:38 AM)
Davyboy
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Before the most recent update I used to be able to switch between my watch 3 and active 2. It would automatically detect and connect when I switched. Now it doesn't, is there a setting that I'm missing?
Thanks
0 Likes
5 Comments
Wearables
I have not receive Android11 upgrade yet, so I can't test it out. You can try go to Recovery mode and do the Wipe Cache Partition and see if this resolve the issue.
0 Likes
Davyboy
Active Level 1
Wearables
sorry. should've specified. The watches updated
0 Likes
Wearables
I don't think there is a setting for this. My watch will auto connect when it is in BT range.

If after watch update, try reboot your watch. Worse case, backup your watch, then reset your watch and restore watch data.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hey Davyboy,
Please be aware that the Auto Switch option won't appear unless you have connected to more than one watch.
Note: This feature only works with smartwatches. It will not work if you connect two of the same type of device. This feature is not available on iOS devices.
Navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app. Tap Menu in the upper left-hand corner, and then tap Auto switch. Next, tap the switch at the top of the screen to turn Auto Switch on or off. Now the phone will automatically connect to whatever paired wearable you're wearing on your wrist.
If needed, you can manually switch between your devices that are connected to Galaxy Wearable.

First, make sure the other device is turned on. Then, navigate to and open Galaxy Wearable on your phone. Tap Menu in the upper left-hand corner.
The name of the most recent device (Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, etc.) will appear at the top of the list. Select the device you want to connect to, and the app will automatically connect.

0 Likes
Davyboy
Active Level 1
Wearables
thank you for the information. I am trying to switch between my watch active 2 and my galaxy watch 3. this is on my note 20 ultra. it was working great. then my watches updated and now the auto switch is still turned on, but when I take one watch off, and put the other on I have to, everytime, manually go in and connect the watch that I'm wearing.
if I go out of Bluetooth range and the watch disconnects, it will still reconnect when I'm back in range.
0 Likes