Original topic:

Contacts dont sync on GW3 if on a Non-samsung phone

(Topic created on: 08-24-2020 10:38 AM)
Ameet
Active Level 5
Options
Wearables

Hi, I found that the contact do not get synced on Galaxy Watch 3 if you are using a non-samsung phone. 

So far, what i have done:

Reset Watch;

Reset Phone;

Re-installed Gear App;

Spoken to Samsung Support;

Taken my watch to Samsung Experience Store; - They say it is a software bug. Hope this gets escalated to Samsung and they fix it. 

Others having this issue as well. I have Pixel 4 XL phone.

0 Likes
7 Comments
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Ameet, When paired with non-Samsung devices we cannot sync contacts and usually that is not a bug or defect because we cannot set up Samsung account in a non-Samsung device.

Wearables
Good to know. As I have no non-Samsung products.
0 Likes
Ameet
Active Level 5
Wearables

Hi, this is incorrect information. Please refrain from posting if you do not have proper information as you are a moderator.

I owned Galaxy Watch 42mm and my wife currently owns Galaxy Watch Active. We both use Google Pixel phones, and the contacts very well show up on both watches. This is a software defect. I can assure you this, unless Samsung changed the policy for GW3. 

I was thinking if by posting here, this could be escalated! 

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Thanks @Ameet

This seems funny...

Feels like to me it would be...
Sign into accounts on phone...
Make sure sync contacts is on...
Connect Bluetooth to device and voila
Car/watch/whatever 🤦

Maybe you need an update on watch, or downgrade, or maybe the same with phone, but this should be easy as pie/Oreo 🙃👈(backwards) whatever to do 🤷
0 Likes
Ameet
Active Level 5
Wearables

When i reset my watch, the contacts try to sync for good 5-7 minutes and then end up in error. The samsung store person tried and looked at all the possible settings and said this looks like software issue on new version. Also a few more people on Reddit reported the same issue. Hope Samsung is reading this and fixes it.

0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Wearables

Hi Ameet,
Could you please share the error message when you try to sync the contacts for further review? It would be helpful if you also attach the pictures

0 Likes
Ameet
Active Level 5
Wearables

Hello,

Once i reset the watch and connect it, it would say "syncing" as in the pic below. After around a few minutes, it would just say - "could not sync" and screen goes away.

As I mentioned, on the same Google Pixel 4 XL phone, it synced contacts to my Galaxy Watch 42mm and Galaxy Active. It does not work with Galaxy Watch 3.  Samsung support keeps saying some features do not work without Samsung phone, without trying to read and understand the problem. If they dont accept it as a defect, they will never fix it.

I am not the only one reporting it. Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/i79ozs/galaxywatch_3_pixel_4/

IMG_20200813_133501.jpg

0 Likes