Original topic:

Cover for Watch 5 40mm

(Topic created on: 11-27-2022 12:52 PM)
Hy1mm
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I purchased the Watch 5 recently (still waiting for it to arrive) and thinking if I should be getting a full cover/case for the watch. Afraid I might scratch it since I use my watch on my right hand (also hand for writing).

I found a lot of Watch 4 cover on Shopee. Does it fits the current Watch 5 if I buy the ones labelled for Watch 4?
4 Comments
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Understand your concern here. Lol. 

First of all, you should know your routine very well before you get a case/cover. Example, do you wear a watch before? If yes, is the watch scratch easily? How careful are you if wearing a watch, etc... Lots to concern. Lol. Next, do you really want a case to totally cover the watch? Do you like the casing design?... 

The decision is all up to you because end of the day, you are the owner.. For me (i don't use a smart watch), but for my watch, i do used a transparent sticker (like those we use on mobile devices) to stick on the screen so that it won't scratch or damage the screen. The main problem to me is scratches only because i don't see a watch can get hard damage on the screen unless you go knock it or drop it (hardly happen). If i go apply a cover/ case on it, the watch will surely look ugly (to me, maybe). Lol. So i won't do that for sure. This is why keep asking yourself, how careless you are in terms of wearing a watch.

Cover/ cases on Shopee, the best thing is to read the review and ask the seller because once you buy wrong, refund might be hard. Just shop smart.

Enjoy your new gadget soon!

Hy1mm
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks! Maybe I'll get one. I mean, this is my first smartwatch and the most expensive for a watch I've ever bought 😂 the regular watch I used had a scratch because I accidentally drop it once lol. Though I think that transparent sticker/tempered glass may be enough to protect the screen.

Thank you! 😊
0 Likes
Wearables
Personally, I won't go for a case. I've been a Samsung Watch user and I never had scratch despite the watch hit some surfaces, say, wall, table, amd whatnot. The build quality on Samsung watch is very durable I would say.

Plus, the Watch5 features Sapphire Crystal which is very tough towards any scratch. So you don't have to worry. The case just will make the Watch5 looks bulky

To say the Watch4 is identical with Watch5 in terms of their dimensions, it's a yes.
Hy1mm
Active Level 1
Wearables
Ohh I haven't really thought about the bulkiness. It's good to know that the watch is very durable!

Also, I have a small wrist (14cm), so maybe the case will add a bit more dimension and weight on it.

I watched some reviews, but they usually don't say much about its durability so I was kind of not convinced. Anyway, thank you for your input!