Original topic:

Ear infection with Galaxy Bud Pro

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 07:17 PM)
y4m4
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
Can someone from Samsung provide feedback in regards to the Galaxy Bud Pro causing alergic reactions? There are plenty of complaints online in different forums, including this one. There is also a class action lawsuit against Samsung in regards to ghe same issue in the US.

I would not like to hear that i should not use the Buds for a long period, as i do not. I have two Jabra in ear earphones that do not cause any issues.

I would like to have a refund.

I have been using Samsung products for or a while now, however, this issue has made me think if i should go back to Apple products.

10 Comments
Wearables
Been using my buds pro for a while. Running, working, randomly. No issues here.

I'd imagine (not exactly official, but common sense), you'd need proof from doctors, pictures to show that you are allergic to the buds pro to get anywhere. Fear of something is not exactly evidence.
0 Likes
Wearables

Dude you have no idea, there’s evidence that Samsung failed to follow through with due diligence when making products with toxic chemicals. there is no fear hete, just pain. And for you child, you need to grow up and not be a naive consumer 

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @y4m4, I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your Buds Pro. 

Based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this.

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

AKIAUS
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hi SamsungLaura,
I did exactly that and went to the Samsung Store to return my Buds.

However, I am very disappointed to hear back from Samsung today saying there's nothing wrong with the product when it is very clear from all of your customers responses that there is a major issues.

Different treatment of customers from one country to another is not being socially responsible for corporate like Samsung.

SamsungJon
Options
Wearables

Hi Akiaus, we’re happy to help with your concerns about your Buds. Please send us an email at members.au@samsung.com with more details about what is happening with your Buds.

0 Likes
Wearables

Samsung has committed fraud against all their loyal consumers. Im disgusted and disappointed. I am taking actions with my lawyers and drs

0 Likes
Kriskitt
Active Level 1
Wearables

I recently purchased the galaxy buds 2 pro and have just got my hearing back from a bad ear infection over the past few weeks and just happened to read an article relating to the galaxy buds 2 pro being a possible cause. Ive never really experienced an ear infection before so I'm concerned about using them again due to the experienced pain and inconvenience of having little to no hearing for almost a week. The right ear got sore first but I was still using the left ear bud not even thinking that the ear buds could be the possible cause of my ear infection until my left ear got inflammation also.  

How can I get a refund if not purchased directly from Samsung? 

Members_cN2g9jZ
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I'm getting the same issues -  itching, burning, redness, blistering, flaking, scabbing and/or fluid leaking from the ear.

I've contacted the AU Samsung Customer Care Team, and they have flat-out refused to acknowledge the issue, or provide a refund on my purchase.

Wearables

Sounds of crickets, Samsung doesn’t care they used tozic cancerous materials in their products. These camr out from China shortly after Covid 

0 Likes