Original topic:

Earbuds Pro x Bixby

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 09:01 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Wearables
It's a longshot since we're talking about Bixby here LOL but I was wondering if we can use Bixby commands for earbuds:
- turn on ambience mode
- change equalizer sound to...
- or even as basic as play/pause Spotify

Again, I'm not hoping for much because we all know how useless Bixby are :) 
16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

I can use Google Assistant with my Jabra Elite Active 65t buds. 

I don't use Bixby & haven't tried. 

mytech
Expert Level 3
Wearables
I'm sooooo on the fence wether to get wireless earbuds 🤔 I've been partial to the plug-in headphones bc they work well 👍

But I can't figure out how to use my tinfoil hat and use wireless at the same time 🤦
https://youtu.be/wFNO2sSW-mU
Lol

Seriously will the batteries last long?
I did the math before and it resulted in an "error"
🤷
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

The batteries in my Jabra buds themselves last maybe around 5 hours? I've never really checked, but the case itself will charge them without any outside ac charge for another 10 hours? My numbers could be underestimating it, but at least the 5 hours. 

GG2
Expert Level 3
Wearables
First time using wireless buds (Samsung buds pro) with my S21 Ultra and i really like them, i wouldn't go back to always tangled wired ones. Just my personal preference.
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Wearables
I'm with you. I used to have Marshall II Major wireless headphones due to they sound incredible and battery lasted great. It is also versatile if I want to plug it to my phone as well. But since I got Earbuds, I'm not skeptical on truly wireless experience. Battery not too shabby at all. It lasted for days until I really need to recharge.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Thank you everyone for your feedback 🤙

@RedDogRabbit 5 hours is about half the time I need them and I always underestimate things like this 👍
I use them all day so I'm thinking I need @least two sets of these to last me throughout 🤷

@GG2 I use my earphones whenever my phone is in use (I gotta take that break sometimes and just turn it off and that's when the earphones get released from my waxy ears 🙃👈)
I feed the wire under my shirt 😁

@bett3r what do you use them for? Just phonecalls? I play music all day and of course phonecalls too, I'm not confident I'll get days, please enlighten me as to how you use them ✌️

I did the math that if the batteries cannot be replaced and they last about 2 years it works out to be @least like 0.24 ¢/day.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

I think that the case for my Jabra buds has an additional 15 hours of charging available, but the buds can't be charging in the case & your ears at the same time, unless you have a funny shaped head 🤣

But if you take a lunch break or can just slack off for half an hour or so, then the buds will get the chance to get recharged for another 5 hours.. don't know if that will work for you? 

mytech
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Now that's cool 🤙 ....
(that the case will hold a charge 😁)
So your saying that the case can hold a charge and level the buds up with power 🤷 I didn't know this 👍

PS I do have a funny shaped head, I'm just not sure it would be fashionable with my tinfoil hat 🤣
https://youtu.be/wFNO2sSW-mU
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Yup, the case holds something like 3 full charges in it, so I'm guessing it should be around 15 hours 🤔

The case for the Jabra is pretty small too, so it easily fits in your pocket. Worst case scenario, people may think that you're "happy" to see them 🤣🤣🤣🤣‌ I'm not sure about the Galaxy buds, but Jabra are ip68 certified as well.