Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Earbuds

(Topic created on: 06-28-2021 11:32 PM)
Bern2Hell
Options
Wearables
Hello everyone I just want some inputs on users of earbuds if it's really useful compared to wired buds.

Thanks in advance for the inputs. 😄 
4 Comments
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Wearables
Depends. I have both wired and wireless buds.

The buds pro are great. They sound great, bass and treble are great. Coupled with dolby atmos and you are set. No wires that interfere with whatever it is you are doing. The fit is where people are divided. It fits well on my ears but on my SO they fall out. Maybe it's designed for people with big ears. The battery life is so-so if Active Noise Cancelling or Ambient Mode is on (3-4 hours) but both those modes work well. The case provides 3 more charges and also supports quick charge. With those modes off, I'd say the buds have a 5-6 hours battery life. Touch controls are adequate, but the tap edge to adjust the volume is just plain weird. Never managed to make that one work. Instead, I tap the back of my ear, then it works. I wish it was a sliding gesture instead. And yeah, they are IPX7 rated so a couple of splashes or sweat from workouts won't be a problem. I had them when it rained hard so they got wet one time. Just left them to dry for a day and they still worked.

So yeah, buds pro sound great, they also look great by the way. Battery life is average if ANC and Ambient mode are on, great if turned off. If you care about latency, no latency when consuming media but when playing games, some fast paced ones will introduced a bit of lag. The fit is where you may have a problem so I suggest finding a store that has a sample you can try.

The Wired ones that came with my unit (the AKG ones) are even better when it comes to sound fidelity. Nothing more to say about that since wired earphones have existed for so long. They are braided so that means added protection. No lag as well of course. The only problem is of course the wires. But if you ain't moving around and are short on battery, then these are perfect. No ANC or Ambient mode. Loudness is good also.

There you go. Those are from my personal experience. Honestly, I can't live without the buds now. They are perfect for workouts or when you are busy doing something where you move all over the place. Or when travelling. You won't hear the engine running with these bad boys on assuming ANC is on. Ambient mode is perfect if you are up and about like in the mall or at a coffee place. You can hear if someone calls your name and still hear music from the buds. But I can't stress the fit enough. This is a dealbreaker to some. Find a store that has buds pro on display to see if they fit you so you don't regret buying them. No use buying one if you can't wear them properly.

Good luck!
JingeeWingee
Active Level 3
Wearables
I have the old Galaxy Buds and your post makes me want to upgrade now! I guess it's really worth it!
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Wearables
They are definitely a sizeable upgrade compared to the OG buds that's for sure. Sound quality alone, it dominates the OG buds.

Forgot to mention, the buds pro support wireless charging. So if your phone supports reverse wireless charging, just pop it at the back for 10 minutes (quick charge technology) and you get an additional 2 hours worth of battery life (No modes on. Around an hour if ANC or Ambient mode turned on).
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Wearables

Hello there! We are indeed happy that you guys are connecting with each other. I hope you continue to do this. It makes our heart happy. For your concern, I have been using wired earphones since the first time I've used a phone. Last year, I decided to try something different so I purchased a galaxy buds. I can only tell that it made my life much easier! Go for it, Bern2Hell! Add to cart now! Hooray!  

Stay safe and have a nice day!