Original topic:

ECG / EKG support for Malaysia Galaxy Watch3

(Topic created on: 05-26-2021 02:03 AM)
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
I wonder when will Samsung officially enable and support ECG feature for Malaysia Galaxy Watch3? It has been a while since the Watch3 is in the market and the other square watch has just got the feature enabled. If they could successfully sort it out with Malaysia regulator, why not Samsung?

You enabled the ECG feature for 31 additional countries this year but sadly Malaysia isn't part of it. It'll be sad if I had to forgo Samsung ecosystem for another ecosystem just for the ECG feature. ☹

Any road map or timeline for the ECG feature to be enabled here in Malaysia? Come on, I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone who wants this feature enabled.
22 Comments
Wearables
I guess very unlikely, Samsung hates us😢
0 Likes
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
Ouch. I sincerely hope Samsung will follow through on this. Or if Samsung really don't have any plan to enable ECG here in Malaysia, Samsung should really be upfront by announcing the the feature will not be enabled at all for Watch3 and Watch Active2, at least in Malaysia.

Some of us bought the Galaxy Watch3 or Watch Active2 with high hope ECG will be enabled soon. 😪
0 Likes
Wearables
I guess they might just give up doing this because they are focusing more on their latest WearOS and ditching TizenOS
0 Likes
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
Looking at the square watch, they've got their app approved with Malaysia's Medical Device Authority Register instead of the hardware approval. It was approved in February and the feature is rolled out this month in an update. This allows them to enable ECG in few of their existing square watch models as well as future models.

Looking at Samsung, even if they are focusing more on their new Wear+Tizen initiative for next Galaxy Watch series, Samsung could still pursue approval for an ECG app with Medical Device Authority Register. And the approval application process could be handled by a local representative or even 3rd party contractor. If Samsung didn't seek the approval now, I doubt the next Galaxy Watch would have the ECG feature enabled here in Malaysia when they're launched.
0 Likes
Wearables
Yep, the next one would get ECG but they will abondon the previous models...
0 Likes
chmod-777
Active Level 2
Wearables
....and Malaysia is missing again from ECG roll out for Galaxy Watch4. Singapore and even Indonesia got ECG enabled during launch. **bleep** Samsung Malaysia? Is it too hard to get approval from MDA Malaysia? KHTan.. the next one won't get ECG, at least in Malaysia.
0 Likes
MissingLink
Active Level 4
Wearables
Yes not having those features it's a deal breaker. You pay about the same for the watch as say Singapore or Indonesia but getting only at best half the features. Not surprised if many will migrate to the fruit vendor this September when it will launch its latest phone 13 and watch 7. I most likely will too.
concern
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Agree.. THIS clearly a misrepresentation by Samsung.. this is the reason I purchased Galaxy Watch 3. If I knew it earlier, I could have bought Huawei GT 2.
0 Likes
Samsung_yyS25Ar
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

And yet, there we have the new galaxy watch 4, but still don't have ECG&Blood Pressure yet in Malaysia...

0 Likes