Original topic:

galaxy active 2 battery issues

(Topic created on: 09-19-2020 11:39 AM)
gus13
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables

I got my galaxy active 2 two weeks ago, and the battery lasts up to 24h maximum. It holds battery through the day, and it drains completely overnight. Does the REM sleep tracking feature suppose to drain my battery like that?

I have the heart rate function set to manual, always on display is off,already updated the watch software, already reset the watch. 

0 Likes
21 Comments
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi gus13, When you connect your Galaxy Watch Active2 to a mobile device after resetting it, the Galaxy Watch Active2’s battery may drain more quickly while syncing data, such as contacts. Could you please provide a screenshot of the battery usage by following the path below.

Open Galaxy Wearable app >> Settings >> About Watch >> Battery.

0 Likes
gus13
Active Level 2
Wearables

Screenshot_20200919-122940_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

 since my phone was out of battery this morning, I wasn't able to see which app has drained the battery out but I'll keep an eye on it. This is how it looks like since I recharged it.

Thanks for the speedy response, by the way!

Wearables
Hi gus13, maybe be check battery usage to find out what draining your battery 😉
gus13
Active Level 2
Wearables

I just post it above. I'll keep an eye on it throughout day. Yesterday before I reset the watch, Samsung Health was using 50% of my battery. Let's see how it goes today!

Thanks for you help!!

0 Likes
Wearables
Looks like your watch face use the most. You have AOD on? My watch face use 1% after 14hrs. I do not have AOD on.
0 Likes
gus13
Active Level 2
Wearables

It's actually off. I'm wondering if the watch style has any impact on battery consumption.

Screenshot_20200919-150627_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

if the watch face style has any impact on consumption. 

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi gus13, I suggest you to try using another watch faces on power-saving mode and check the battery usage again.

0 Likes
Wearables
Yes, try another watch face or use default Samsung watch face.
0 Likes
gus13
Active Level 2
Wearables

20200919_161814.jpg

 I'll try that. Just for the record, I was using a samsung standard watch face.

I've read a few threads on the forum, and I must say it's weird when the solution for battery issues is not to use a feature that comes with the watch e.g turn AOD off, turn REM off, turn Heart rate off etc... I expected Samsung to provide me with a product that works right out of the box.