Original topic:

Galaxy active 2 water damage?

(Topic created on: 07-24-2022 10:02 PM)
gus13
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hey there,

I went for a swim,and my watch stopped working right after. All of a sudden the battery went from 60% to 1%. When the battery died, the watch never turned back on again. I have the watch for 18 months, so needless to say that I'm very frustrated because this happened after the warranty expired. This watch was supposed to be water proof, and I can't even swim with it? So disappointing!

4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Definitely very disappointing for sure! 

The Galaxy Watch Active 2 isn't actually "Waterproof", but it IS water RESISTANT. 

It is ip68 rated for moisture & dust, but I'm not even sure that if it was still under warranty, that Samsung would honour the warranty.. they seem to find ways to wiggle out of their warranties... 

You may want to check if there might be a warranty still, depending on how you purchased the watch, some credit cards extend the warranty on certain items, or even the province where you purchased it, I think that Quebec has some kind of consumer protection laws that may help, if you are in Quebec? 

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/mobile-devices/i-have-heard-galaxy-watch-active2-supports-....

"With a rating of 5ATM water resistance, the Galaxy Watch Active2 is great for activities in the pool, or the open-water.The Galaxy Watch has been tested in a controlled environment and certified to be water- and dust- resistant in specific situations and conditions(Meets the requirements of the water resistant to up to 50 meters in depth for 10 minutes. )In accordance with ISO Standard 22810:2010, Galaxy Watch Active2 is safe to wear while walking in the rain or showering, and may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, the Galaxy Watch should not be used for scuba diving, water-skiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth."

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

It might be too late, but you could try putting the watch in a baggy 3/4 filled with UNCOOKED rice overnight & See if it'll take a charge the next day? 

Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, I'm really sad to hear about whatever happened with the Galaxy Watch. As suggested by RedDogRabbit it is a water resistance upto 50 meters in depth.

As the device is exposed to swimming pool water, please dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.

Do not disassemble your device. The water- and dust-resistant features of the device can be damaged.

Do not dry your device with a heating machine like a hair drier.

We kindly request you to contact our Live Chat support team, so that they can file a service ticket for you to get the device examined by the service technician and get it fixed.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

Thank you RedDogRabbit for your information.

0 Likes
Members_aZaLtQa
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

My watch is the same.Samsung repaired 3x.now warranty expired and i forget the watch on me and was 2min my arm in water.after the same happened like before.battery drained and not turned on.1day later i been able to charge but now battery work only 1day.this been 1month ago and still same.have to charge daily.

0 Likes