Original topic:

Galaxy buds not turning on

(Topic created on: 02-20-2023 01:36 PM)
AndyB
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Does anyone have issues of galaxy buds 2 not turning on, they are fully charged. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Wearables
I know you are dealing with a turn off/on problem but did you have them connected to a different device? If so try disabling/removing on that device before trying on new device. Sorry not to be more helpful. More answers via Google than in Samsung forum.
0 Likes
AndyB
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks for your help, they have been paired only to my S22. I did manage to get them on but then the left bud did not turn on. I don't use often.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hey @AndyB

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.

Kind Regards, 

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Wearables
When you look at a connected bluetooth device under connections you can see the battery level. I don't know what you see when both earbuds are connected. However if you can get the left one on, click on it to see battery level. Do this immediately after trying to charge it again. Do the same check for the right one just to check level. If both are low they both have a failing battery problem. When you say you use them rarely, are the gaps in use very long, like months? If the gaps are long and they are lithium and were close to fully charged when you stopped using them, failure is reasonably possible. There is a YouTube reviewer who says that for fully charged Samsung phones left unused for some time the batteries swell and fail. The same could apply to buds.
0 Likes
AndyB
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks for your help, yes, between uses is months and they are draining at different rates. The case had 100%, the right was around 50% and left was dead. I have si ce charged and they worked for a short while and now they are dead, so I think the lithium is also on way out.
0 Likes