Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds plus not charging properly

(Topic created on: 02-17-2023 11:09 PM)
AYS99
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
Does anyone have issues with their galaxy buds plus not charging? My left bud discharges very quickly without use even when in the case and then I spend up to 20-30 mins positioning and repositioning it to get it to charge up again. Most times, the bud just registers as being charged and the green led light shows up even when there is no charge in the ear bud and no sounds comes through. Is there a fix available? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wearables
Batteries still age/degrade even when not in use. Especially if the battery wasn't stored properly (I believe the advice is 60% full). This is also partly why new, but old phone models, also don't have as good battery life as when it was new.

The buds pro2 is better in the ears from what I've heard.

View solution in context

3 Comments
Wearables
It's quite an old model, plus you may have recharged it hundred of times during its lifetime. Battery might be dying. Maybe corroded charging ports.

Might be time to look at some of the new ones that's came out
AYS99
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
It is an older model, that's true, but hardly ever used. I can estimate that I've not used the earbuds for more than 40hrs over its life as I don't like the pressure build up of in ear buds. It was a gift so I only occasionally use it when commuting to work but that's hardly ever given covid times/working from home nowadays.
0 Likes
Solution
Wearables
Batteries still age/degrade even when not in use. Especially if the battery wasn't stored properly (I believe the advice is 60% full). This is also partly why new, but old phone models, also don't have as good battery life as when it was new.

The buds pro2 is better in the ears from what I've heard.