Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy buds pro

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 10:39 AM)
Bymy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
Have bought the buds pro in May 2021 and thought was happy with the purchase. Did not use it quite frequently till June/July...since then I have been experiencing the same ear irritation, scabs, and liquid discharge from wearing Samsing buds pro. Had to go to the doctor to get treated. Lucky it did not affect my drums, else... never thought i was allergic to these specific buds till I research online...many has suffered this already.... I never have this issue when using earbuds from other brands. Can Samsung explain on this? What material was used which causes this allergy reaction?
3 Comments
WesWes
Active Level 2
Wearables
Could be due to irritation from waterproof coating
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Wearables

Hello Bymy. I am Faiz from Samsung.

We regret the inconvenience issue that you are facing with the Galaxy Buds Pro. Samsung Electronics does not use any internationally restricted materials or any other potentially harmful material in any component of the Galaxy Buds that comes into direct contact with the skin. Samsung Electronics also certifies its compliance with international environmental regulations by the authorized international test institutions, for certain materials that could be included in the silicone, plastic, and metal used in Galaxy Buds products.

You may refer to the link for further information on the Galaxy Buds materials, how to wear and maintaining your Galaxy Buds Pro:
https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/newsalert/122841/

Thank you.

Members_pS3UFEE
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi Bymy, I am also having the same issues with the Galaxy Buds Pro. I experienced itchiness, scabbing and liquid discharge after a single wear. Went to the doctor a couple of times before I finally released it's the Buds Pro causing the problem. I don't have the same issue with my previous Galaxy Buds. Saw online that many users are experiencing this problem as well. I took their recommendation and replaced the Samsung tips with memory foam ones I bought on Amazon. I have not experienced the ear irritation ever since the switch.

0 Likes