Original topic:

Galaxy Buds2 Single Earbud Volume

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 11:56 AM)
t925
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I'm running into an interesting (software?) issue with my Galaxy Buds2. When I use a single earbud with the other in the case closed, the volume is quieter than when using a single earbud with the case open. Has anyone else noticed this with their Buds2?

To reproduce this issue:

While playing music, put one earbud in the ear and the other in the case. Closing the case should result in the volume decreasing. The volume should return to normal once the case is reopened.

Here's what I've found:

EarbudsCaseVolume
Both EarbudsOpen/Closed

Normal

One Earbud in Ear, Other not in Ear or CaseOpen/Closed

Normal

One Earbud in Ear, Other in CaseOpen

Normal

One Earbud in Ear, Other in CaseClosed

Quieter than Normal

Additional observations:

• This happens to both earbuds. It doesn't matter which earbud is in the ear and which is in the case as long as one is in the ear and the other in the case while it's closed
  • This happens on multiple devices. I've paired and re-paired to my phone (Pixel 5) and my laptop (MacBook).
  • Opening and closing the case triggers the change in volume
  • This occurs on all EQ settings
  • This occurs on all Nose control modes when "Noise controls with one earbud" is enabled

Troubleshooting steps I've tried:

• After pairing to my phone, pairing the buds to my laptop
  • Resetting earbuds and re-pairing with my phone only
  • Resetting earbuds and re-pairing with my laptop only

Info:

• Model Number: SM-9177
  • Software Version: R177XXU0AUI2 (Latest as of this post)

Update (Oct 13, 2021): The problem still exists with the newest software version (R177XXUOAUI5)

3 Comments
Georgine
Options
Wearables

Hi, we request you to check the adjustment bar of left/right sound balance was biased to one side and drag the adjustment bar to the center for balancing the sound volume if you want.

Galaxy Wearable app>>Advanced>>Hearing enhancments>>Adjust left/right sound  balance bar.

0 Likes
t925
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Thanks for the reply!

I've double checked the sound balance. The sound balanced is set to the middle with no bias to either left of right in all the cases I described above. The problem still persists.

Even with the sound balance biased to one side, the volume still decreases when the other earbud is in the closed case.

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi T925, I suggest you please reach out to Text We Care (932 273) or live chat support by using the link below and they will let you know with the available options. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat. We are available 24/7.

For In-warranty: If you need service support for your Samsung products, we will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices.

For Out of warranty: For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes