Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 Health monitoring Canada?

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 11:47 PM)
Rosser57
Beginner Level 4
Options
Wearables

Can the Galaxy Watch 3 do ECG and Blood Oxygen Sensor, blood pressure sensor in Canada? Recently found out I have some heart rythem problems and would be nice to have a ecg tracking if i go a fib if i don't realize it. I want to buy the watch but heard features are only available in some areas and some aren't released anywhere. Thanks for any info!

30 Comments
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Wearables
ECG requires approval from Health Canada, before Samsung can enable the features.
maranr
Active Level 2
Wearables

Are these features even in the works for Canada or is this just to keep us on the line. Please be clear whether we will ever get these features. 

Members_wNk2n3v
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

WHY DONT WE EVER SEE A REPLY FROM SAMSUNG SAYING THEY HAVE APPLICATION IN.  IS IT BECAUSE THE CANADIAN GOV NKOWS IT DOESNT WORK?  

COME ON SAMSUNG GIVE US THE TRUTH IF YOIU CAN FACE THE TIGER!!!

Kinsley
Options
Wearables

Hi Rosser57,

As mentioned by ctangabcDue to the government restrictions in Canada, the stress and ECG options are not available on Samsung devices.

we will take it as feedback and will forward this to the concerned department. I hope to get these features soon.

brownbatman
Active Level 7
Wearables
Are you able to see whether Samsung has submitted an application to Health Canada for these features?
JaiChap
Active Level 4
Wearables

If you can wait then as I think it is in process of approval. If you then buy USA version it might have the features in Canada.

0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Wearables
don't buy this samsung product if your purchasing decision rests on stress and ECG...

the Samsung Health app has been without the stress feature for over 3 years..

you will likely end up being very disappointed... and you can always buy and maybe save a few bucks if they ever see the light of day...

my frontier is due for a refresh but why bother? I'm just gonna buy a battery kit from Amazon
Rosser57
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

I see, so basically "you're saying there's a chance!" Haha. I guess I'll hold off till its released. You would think they would atlease say they're trying for approval, especially if Apples is. Seems pretty useless to upgrade without it. Might just need to make the switch... Thanks for all the feedback.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Wearables

Hi Samsung Members, We are constantly looking for ways to give users access to a more personalized and insightful health experience, including access to ECG and other technologies that combine our hardware and software innovations. We look forward to sharing more information on these developments in the future.