Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 Support for Ecg and BP in Canada

(Topic created on: 04-18-2022 03:56 PM)
Bolovai
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hey Guys
So now that we have the update for Galaxy Watch 4 for both the ECG and BP features in Canada, when is this update coming to the Galaxy Watch 3? When I was in the market to get a new watch after my Gear S3 Frontier died, I went with the GW3 as it was promised to have both these features. Well 2+ years later and my watch still doesn't have them. It's great for all the GW4 users they got the update but please guys give an update to when the Galaxy Watch 3 devices are going to get these finally enabled.
19 Comments
Wearables
Should be soon.
Bolovai
Active Level 1
Wearables
I sure hope so. Us GW3 owners need the love as well.
Wearables

Time for a class action suit. The certificate was approved in Canada, months ago. That was after dragging their feet and applying late for it. Now, further delaying tactics to prod those who own older devices GWA2 and GW3 to buy the watch 4 in order to upgrade features that was promised long ago.

Members_DsXGi0j
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

any idea how we should organize ourselves in order to start a class action suit?

0 Likes
Bolovai
Active Level 1
Wearables
So I just got off a chat with Samsung Canada. The good news is that they told me the dev teams are definitely working on getting these 2 features updated for the Galaxy Watch 3 which is great. Unfortunately they had no idea when it would be released. I'm hoping within the next few months but who knows for sure.
paddoris
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Any progress on this? Like many others, I purchased the 3 based on the getting the ECG feature.

Bolovai
Active Level 1
Wearables
Nope not yet. Still waiting for this "coming soon" update 😞
Bolovai
Active Level 1
Wearables
3 months later and still no word from Samsung on the Watch 3 updates to include the the ECG and BP features. Samsung if you are actually still working on these features for my watch, when will they be delivered. Going on 2 years now waiting for a feature that was promised at release. Pretty disappointed how the Galaxy 3 users are getting left out in the cold here.
paddoris
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Just had a conversation with Samsung Support...they could still not give a timeline for ECG and BP features to arrive for the Watch 3 and did not convince me that it is still coming. They suggested I trade current Watch for the 5...trade in value is $50. What a joke. Thanked them for their time and told them I will no longer be purchasing any Samsung products in the future. Did not seem to care...