Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 and Samsung S7

(Topic created on: 12-31-2022 09:58 AM)
Buffalojoe
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hello, my son purchased a Galaxy watch 4 and for some reason when we try and finish the setup with the galaxy wear app it goes to a blank white screen and nothing happens. 
It pair's to the phone but the app basically stalls. Any ideas or solutions? I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, it connects to Wear OS but still won't allow it to finish on the watch itself. Just shows waiting for app to complete. I tried the turn off WiFi and still no nothing. 
Any help would be appreciated. The phone is running Android 8 which was the last update for it. 
I did try on my S22 to set it up and it worked fine. So it's not the watch.

Thanks for any help. 
0 Likes
6 Comments
KingstonL
Active Level 3
Wearables
Android 8 might be a bit too outdated for the new Galaxy Watch 4 to connect. Especially at the fact that it connected just fine with your S22. In other words, watch is too new and S7 is too old to connect to each other. Bluetooth connection would be a no issue, since its only connected via bluetooth, not via the Galaxy Waerable app itself, which is useless. Easiest and effective solution would be to upgrade to a newer smartphone.
0 Likes
Buffalojoe
Active Level 1
Wearables
According to Samsung, Android 6 or greater is supported. However, that said I agree with you that Samsung is false with their support considering this is not an isolated incident. I will have my son return the watch because the phone is working fine.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, we would like to tell you that please follow the steps in the given link to check Samsung smartwatch and phone compatibility.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-phone-compatibility/

0 Likes
Buffalojoe
Active Level 1
Wearables
I checked and it's supported. Thanks.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Wearables

Hi, it's glad to hear that issue is resolved.

Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

Please contact us back if you need any further information.

0 Likes
Buffalojoe
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hi, it is not resolved. It states that it is supported but the App still does not work to finish the setup on the S7 phone.
0 Likes