Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic Fall Detection Fail

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 05:00 AM)
Deliz1991
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

Hi,

I got my new GW4C just over a week ago, main reason for purchasing was for the fall detection which I wanted as I am a horse rider.

A few days after getting the watch, I took a nasty fall from my horse and was knocked unconscious for a few seconds. I came round to find the fall hadn't been detected.

I checked all was set up correctly prior to leaving the yard - SOS on (and I had previously checked the watch did connect to my emergency contact), Fall Detection turned on. My watch was definitely connected to my phone continuously. The exercise log had recorded non-stop heart rate and the correct location throughout my ride, my fall and the time afterwards (up until I realised it was still recording and stopped it).

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I'm really concerned as the reason I wanted a smartwatch was for the fall detection. 

TIA

2 Comments
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Wearables
Just need a confirm. Did you make sure switch on high sensitivity? Tap hard fall detection and there is button switch on. If you had on and fail. That definitely has issue. No one really want to fall unless a couple on YouTube actually test and it does works.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Wearables

Hi, On the Galaxy Watch4 there is a ‘High sensitivity’ option. When switched on, if your watch detects a hard fall, it will send an SOS call and message to your contacts if you haven't reacted or responded within 60 seconds. A Galaxy Watch cannot detect all falls. The more physically active you are, the more likely you are to trigger fall detection due to high impact activity that can appear to be a fall. Please note: When ‘High sensitivity’ is enabled a fall is more likely to be detected when exercising.

0 Likes