Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic... not so good

(Topic created on: 09-14-2021 12:35 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Wearables
Samsung, stop removing features!

On the watch 3 (Tizen OS), I used to be able to toggle on and off whether I want to receive notifications on my watch when I'm wearing it or not.

Now with the watch 4 (Wear OS), that toggle is gone. Under notifications, it says that I'll only receive notifications while I'm wearing my watch.

Well guess what? Your sensor isn't doing a good job because even while I'm wearing the watch, it reads as though I'm not wearing it!

I've noticed the same issue with locking the watch. It says it'll stay unlocked as long as I'm wearing it. A quick flick back and forth of my wrist and it's locked! 🤦

I'm always wearing my watch snuggly too. It's never loose. Do I need to wear tight to the point that I stop my blood circulation for it to work properly?

So far I'm not impressed with this watch... hardware wise and looks are top notch. But software is half baked with so many things missing/removed...

doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
To change what else shows on the watch face push down on middle of watch face until select a watch face comes up and click customize, and then you can change the 4 "complications" in the corners and then select a 5th one to go underneath where the time is.
0 Likes
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
Not with this watch face but thank you.
0 Likes
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
That's same one I use
0 Likes
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
When choose customize it only gives colour. I can't Swype left/right to get other options like the other watch faces. As you can see, colour is the only option and the only dot above the watch face when customizingScreenshot_20210915_165125_healthdashboard_7241.png
0 Likes
Wearables
Wow, that fast. Compare to mine GW3, I took off from charger last night around 10:30pm. Wear it over night while sleeping and til now. Still have 80%.

My GW3 charged at 100%, then travel to trailhead, start Hiking tracking and after back home, last time my GW3 only has 35% left around 5pm. So, GW4 might not work for me.Screenshot_20210914-132812_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn.jpg
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
Yeah, my GW1 (Original) would be close if not surpass 3 days. On average it would be 3d, 2h.
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
Gw4 classic would work. The battery isn't thst great yet. But in future updates they will probably figure out ways to reduce battery usage. Plus the watch 4, like the watch 3 needs some time to get use to your usage patterns as well. Which will help. I love my GW4 classic with the 16Gb memory
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Hey man, I get about 1.5 to 2 days max. I use it mostly only for notifications. Always set to vibrate. Wifi off. Auto brightness. Always on is turned off. Heartrate and stress measured continuously. Auto-detect workout turned on. Location on.

Haven't really used it for workouts or anything yet so I'm not sure if it'll last...
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
I have all the same settings, and only a few notifications are sent to my watch. I would love it if I could make it two days.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
My watch is still learning my battery usage pattern so I don't know if it'll be better or worse... hopefully better with updates and optimizations too. I'm starting to also have only a few notifications come in. Not all. I'm pretty sure it's because of the sensors thinking we're not wearing it... hope that gets fixed.

Thanks for the watch face info too!