Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic... not so good

(Topic created on: 09-14-2021 12:59 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Wearables
Samsung, stop removing features!

On the watch 3 (Tizen OS), I used to be able to toggle on and off whether I want to receive notifications on my watch when I'm wearing it or not.

Now with the watch 4 (Wear OS), that toggle is gone. Under notifications, it says that I'll only receive notifications while I'm wearing my watch.

Well guess what? Your sensor isn't doing a good job because even while I'm wearing the watch, it reads as though I'm not wearing it!

I've noticed the same issue with locking the watch. It says it'll stay unlocked as long as I'm wearing it. A quick flick back and forth of my wrist and it's locked! 🤦

I'm always wearing my watch snuggly too. It's never loose. Do I need to wear tight to the point that I stop my blood circulation for it to work properly?

So far I'm not impressed with this watch... hardware wise and looks are top notch. But software is half baked with so many things missing/removed...

Wearables
I have similar settings like you, but hoping battery life can be better in the future. I love the GW 1st gen 3 days battery life continuosly. At least no charging needed when do camping.
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
I always charged my original when camping, but that was because of all the hiking/biking/kayaking that I would track. It would drain quicker but still a solid 2 days.
Wearables
That's why I don't track other activities when camping. Save batteries.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yeah. I feel like Samsung watches are just going back and forth instead of just advancing and improving. I love Samsung's UI and all but they really need to increase the battery duration.

Not only that but the charging on the watches is also horribly slow!
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
It will last an entire day and a little bit with galaxy watch 4 classic Bluetooth and heartbeat and oxygen sensor turned to always on. I turned off the voice activation of bixby though. So I'm sure you would be fine with GPS tracking your hike or what not for a day and 6hrs or so. I don't like mine getting below 17% battery. So I try to charge it before that. (Except for first charge and drain) I'm also using same watch face that badsquishy posted a picture of below.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Wearables

Hi Deeezzyyy, we will consider it as feedback.

0 Likes
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
No you can get notifications toggle to when you're wearing it and when you're not wearing it same with only your watch making a notification sound not your phone when wearing the watch, which also can be turned on and off. What I don't like is how when wearing the watch 4 classic the screen keeps turning on when laying down too easily. And that when you press goodnight mode, do not disturb automatically turns on. And it also doesn't have automatic tracking to turn on sleep mode automatically based on past sleep patterns. Have to turn on manually. But my biggest feature of it all that is STILL MISSING is a Facebook messenger app!!!!??!¿¿ if Apple can do it. Why can't Google and Samsung?!?
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I haven't tested out the sleep mode pattern so I can't say.

But how do you toggle on and off the notifications when you're wearing the watch or not? I can't seem to find it.
0 Likes
doobydude
Active Level 7
Wearables
Here you goScreenshot_20210914-230016_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_2208.jpgScreenshot_20210914-230034_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_2210.jpgScreenshot_20210914-230058_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_2213.jpg
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
That only changes the setting to show notification when you're on your phone or not. It doesn't change the setting to whether you're wearing your watch or not.

It says there that you won't get any notifications while you're not wearing your watchScreenshot_20210914-230701_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_16370.jpg
0 Likes