Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4, failed with the latest update

(Topic created on: 11-16-2022 10:30 PM)
alienterror
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

The irony, the update that is referred to in the photo, was one that I've been running for the last little while on my Galaxy watch for classic. I received the update today, that indicated it fixed this bug, but Lo and behold, I do the update to make sure all the bugs are fixed, and the update that was supposed to fix the bug, bricked my watch. Unfortunately, I bought the watch second hand, so there's no warranty on it. But, I'm a little bit furious, and had to go pick up a brand new watch today. I was not expecting to have to do this. So, anybody who's going to do the update, beware. It may break your watch as well. 
4 Comments
PetrosTz
Active Level 2
Wearables
I got mine last year and dame thime thing I started the update and the watch just stopped working and there is nothing I can do. Like always samsung customer service is absolutely terrible, like no exaggeration I'm so tired of spending so much money and I can't use my products without being at fault. I know for sure that my next purchases are not samsung, I would rather pay a little more for apple and actually be able to use the product. They are saying that there will be a new update without explaining specific when? Like I spent 400 dollars for this you can't just mess it up because you are unprofessional and tell me there will be an update you just wait. And most importantly my main question is will the update fix the problem automatically even though the watch just died or do I have to take it into a store either way?
0 Likes
3LOB
Active Level 2
Wearables
Even if your watch was out of warranty, they should still repair it at no charge. Bring it in to a Samsung store and talk to their service staff.
PetrosTz
Active Level 2
Wearables
Yea only if you have the receipt
0 Likes
Buadih
Active Level 1
Wearables
Yup. Same thing happened here. It's off for repair. Not too worried, even Samsung can't be stupid enough not do free repairs regardless of warranty status when they actively bricked the device.
0 Likes