Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 problems

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 10:30 AM)
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Already having problems with the new update.

Battery is draining even faster then before, which was already pretty bad, at 1% every 5-10 minutes or so. (This may just be because of the new update and a lot of things are running in the background while some things are still getting the final touches done)

As well when I turn on power saving mode (to compensate for the battery) touch screen to wake doesn't work anymore! But it's still an option that I can turn on and off. It works when I don't have power saving mode on (but who's going to use that when you can just use lift to wake)

Samsung please fix these issues, they are extremely annoying.
17 Comments
Peppis
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Have had my Galaxy 4 watch since January and have used the touch screen to wake feature with the power saving ON and it worked just fine. After I downloaded the latest update a few days ago now the touch to wake or raise wrist to wake no longer works with power saving on. So I know it worked just fine before. Now I have to hit the top side button to wake the screen up OR take off the power saving to be able to use the touch screen or raise wrist to wake it up. I agree, please FIX!!!!

Peppis

0 Likes
Siimot
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Same issue for me, also third party watch faces freeze in dim mode and the time won't update until you wake the watch by rasing your wrist, bloody useless update not impressed :(

0 Likes
Khushwant
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I'm also facing the same issue. Touch to wake screen is not working while the power saving mode is on. Although the feature is on in settings but still touch to wake scree is not working. 

This problem was initiated since the latest update on 11 february 2022. 

0 Likes
G7C
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue as well with the "Touch screen to wake" not working in Power Save mode.

0 Likes
Taash_
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hello

After the update, I also have a problem with waking the screen by touching when the watch is in power saving mode. Previously, this feature worked without a problem. After contacting the support, I got information that apparently this mode works like this now, but there is no entry about this change anywhere. Therefore, following your advice from support, I sent a bug report via the application so that they could see what was wrong.

As for the battery itself, I have a clock for 3 months and I have turned off all functions that may drain the battery unnecessarily (disabled activity tracking, automatic measurements, etc., the watch is still connected to the S21), I have a face installed "Pixel Minimal Watch Face - Watch Faces for WearOS "And with all these settings, the watch can withstand up to 3 days on a single charge, so I think it's a matter of properly configuring all the functions and it should be better.

0 Likes
suskozaver
Active Level 1
Wearables

All are known bugs, see: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/sp1ior/eva8_update_known_bugs_so_far/

one thing that really helped me regarding battery drain was to Wipe the Cache partition.

0 Likes
hhoelle54
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I can Barely get 24 hours from 100% to 5% on a charge. Then takes 2 hours to charge. Using the health tracking doesn't work if you have to charge it for 2 hours every day. Back to Garmin Fenix so much better. 

0 Likes
Davelora
Active Level 1
Wearables
Is anyone have this issue I have a new galaxy watch 4
And now my watch doeant alway alert me when I get a message no vibrate or ring tone sometimes and it doest pop up on my screen but 1 out of 30 times it might ?? Please help
0 Likes