Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 problems

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 08:16 AM)
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables
Already having problems with the new update.

Battery is draining even faster then before, which was already pretty bad, at 1% every 5-10 minutes or so. (This may just be because of the new update and a lot of things are running in the background while some things are still getting the final touches done)

As well when I turn on power saving mode (to compensate for the battery) touch screen to wake doesn't work anymore! But it's still an option that I can turn on and off. It works when I don't have power saving mode on (but who's going to use that when you can just use lift to wake)

Samsung please fix these issues, they are extremely annoying.
17 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yup... battery is extremely bad on this watch...
0 Likes
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Wearables
Have you had the problem with touch to wake? I have no clue how to fix it. I've restarted the watch but that didn't help.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
With power saving mode on, it seems like raise to wake and touch to wake doesn't work.

Gotta use either the bezels or buttons to wake it up.
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Wearables
I went into the settings and checked to see what has been using the most of my battery, apparently it's the display using a whole 3.8% since last full charge (yesterday for me)
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yeah. Depending on which watch face you use, it can either use more or less battery. You basically need to use the most basic watch face with nothing but the time to save battery lol

Dno what's the point of a smartwatch then...
0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Wearables
Maybe wait for it to get settled with the new update or perform a restart. Mine drained a lot during the update (went from 100% to 85%) then I topped up after it finished the update and my battery seems fine. Took it off the charger a few hours ago and it's at 98%. I don't have always on display on though but it's about the same pre-update.
0 Likes
Tristan001
Active Level 4
Wearables
I've done a restart, it didn't help. But I haven't topped up to 100% since the update, so that might be the reason. I'll have to when I get back home. I don't use always on display either.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Wearables

Hi Tristan, When you expose the Galaxy Watch or the battery to very cold or very hot temperatures, the useful charge may be reduced.

Battery consumption increases when you use some apps.

The battery is consumable and the useful charge will get shorter over time

Please check whether Mobile networks  setting is "Always on".  When Always on option is enabled, the Watch's battery consumption may increase because mobile network of Galaxy Watch is always on to receive incoming calls and messages to the Watch's and mobile device's phone numbers.

0 Likes
ckck20
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi all, after the last update (10 February 2022) I have the same issue with the touch screen to wake. Specifically, when I turn on power saving mode, then the touch screen to wake feature doesn't work. But it's still an option that I can turn on and off. Luckily, the feature still works when I don't have power saving mode on.

Please fix this issue.