Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 & Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created on: 08-16-2021 10:19 PM)
VictoryObi
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
My one disappointment for the wearables is the omission of MST. I thought then taking it out the phone was not the right move but I felt like, if anything they'd add it to the wearables. For example if you were to leave your phone at home (like I plan on doing, I got the LTE version) chances are I'm not carrying my side bag as I go for a run. Leaving my cards at home is now a real iffy, because if the tap doesn't work, what am I going to do. Having to bring my phine along defeats the purpose for the watch 🤷🏾‍♂️. But that's just my opinion, would love to hear from you.

9 Comments
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Wearables
Second Disappointment, seems like samsung doesn't care about Canadian customers. They did not updated previous wearables with ecg, spo2 and blood pressure three main features they were advertising during that time and were charging for it. They are not taking steps for approval from health canada. I see same thing happening to galaxy watch 4. without those features, samsung smart watch provide same features as most watches in market with half of the cost. ill not pay same as other regions if they are not going to give those updates. I cancelled my pre order.
VictoryObi
Active Level 2
Wearables
Wait wait wait a Goddamn minute. You know the last one I had was the gear S2, I had thought all those eventually came to Canada ? If not I might have to cancel my pre-order because while I won't mind having the watch, I bought it specifically for this reason
0 Likes
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Wearables
No those features are not available in Canada not sure about body composition one. you can find threads on reddit and here as well. There is workaround for previous watch to get those features work but since they moved to one ui in galaxy watch 4 , can't be sure if previous workaround will work. even i figured out this recently. I placed order as well but i ended up canceling it. If you are buying bluetooth version then buy it from US. you will get all those features or wait until someone find way to get those features on galaxy watch 4.
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Wearables
just search ecg in community of samsung members and you will find plenty of those posts lol.
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Wearables

Third disappointment: Can't be shady and buy item more than $250 without a physical card 🤣
A Thing of the past and quickly dies off sooner or later. 🙄
They should have waited credit company road map then phase off close to the years. Why Samsung remove it off and not even open third party developer to create apps.
Make Samsung Pay even useless and limit even further vs other regions. I haven't seen any newer feature for years and years. Just add more banks and credit unions and that is it. 🙄 😑 More support banks doesn't meant increase more user. What about their own app! Can't they improve a bit Canadian side. I was thinking, they might not even have our own Samsung Pay developer team in Canada, and part of US dust mites stripping version Samsung pay. Some feature removed in US and we are affected as well.
MST removed in newer device and we are stuck paying pandemic limit: $250 credit card.
Unless terminal support CDCVM then remove off limit. Only newer terminal has it.

MST recommend for biggest big spender/shady 😁

Now with Galaxy watch/classic 4 runs wear os and having Google Pay(support CDCVM) might be better off without MST that depends wearable owner and the retailer and so on.

Just my opinion

Samsung Pay support CDCVM in Australia only. There is no info Canada.

0 Likes
VictoryObi
Active Level 2
Wearables
Could you explain this CDCVM thing ?
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Wearables
Consumer Device Cardholder Verification Method. Another way authorized more than $250 purchase. Just like Physical card. Insert card and enter the card pins. Mobile phone: biometric signature or 4 digit pin from the setup then tap NFC terminal and payment approval. Not every business supports CDCVM on their terminal. More likely find then in the UK. Government stop supporting swipe from last years. If recalled.
VictoryObi
Active Level 2
Wearables
Maybe because it's not really supported that's why. But I'm so mad about MST, only reason that made samsung pay better and worked literally almost everywhere. Idk why they would go through the hassle of patenting it, just to take it way. At least put it only on the watch
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Wearables
Terminal just need a firmware update. Works 😂 not really hardware feature at all. Terminal company cheap to update it. Emvco site explain how CDCVM works in case you need more info. Could be co-founder brought back patent. They started new MST/NFC FOB. Called OV valet. Fob out and just application on beta. Just support 🇺🇸 right now.
0 Likes