Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5 in Canada

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 09:16 AM)
alfuture
Active Level 5
Options
Wearables
Hey guys..

I just wanted to know before buying.. if the Canadian version of watch5 or watch5 pro got anything "disabeld" again comparing to the US version?
14 Comments
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Wearables
same here. I also want to know if they added health features to watch 4 or not.
Wearables

They mentioned that "later this year" they will be making more use of the temperature sensor and more apps with Wear OS. The temperature sensor uses infrared technology for more accurate readings.  The Body Composition measurement tool is another feature also coming to the Galaxy Watch 5, unsure if that will be in Canada, however I could be wrong.

alfuture
Active Level 5
Wearables
It'll be useless if they have the sensors but don't allow us to use it..
0 Likes
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Wearables
Exactly I didn't ordered watch 4 for same reason. If they are not providing advertising features, they should reduce price.
0 Likes
alfuture
Active Level 5
Wearables
Totally, every time I asked when the features would be available in Canada they said they've been working on it.. and it's been years.. how could they sell half-functinoal products with full price or wnen more expensive..
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Body composition already works on Watch 4. I don't see why it wouldn't on the watch 5.

Wearables
Oh that's good to know! Thanks for letting me know. I still have the GW 3
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yeah, it was really only the blood pressure and ECG that was being delayed forever. Everything else worked out of the box.

We'll have to keep our fingers crossed for the temperature sensor now
Wearables
I don't blame you, I am still using my Galaxy Watch 3 and still unable to properly use the ECG sensor on it. I really have high hopes for the GW 5 Pro!!