Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro battery life

(Topic created on: 10-31-2022 10:38 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Wearables
Calling out to all Galaxy watch 5 pro owners.

Can you just post here your settings and your battery life?

I feel like I have a unit with a faulty battery.

I have only stress measurement turned on to measure continuously and some notifications are on. Wifi is off. AOD is off. Location is on but accuracy off. Wrist wake is on. I wear it to sleep so it does track my sleep. Blood oxygen and snore during sleep is off. I have some alarms for the morning. I never use maps on my watch and I don't track work outs on it either.

With all those settings, I can only squeeze in close to 2 days battery life. Looking everywhere online, most people can get up to 4 days with those settings. I use my apple watch ultra for most of the health tracking (yes, I wear 2 watches 🤣).

Considering going to a Samsung service center to get my watch checked but I wanted to know the battery life of other real users first and not biased reviews on YouTube. 

Thank you!

21 Comments
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi Deeezzyyy, we are sorry to hear this issue on your Galaxy watch 5 pro.

Have you tried resetting your watch to default settings and check the battery life?

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I have resetted and factory formatted the watch like 3 times already so no, that doesn't fix nada.
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
That's my GW5 proScreenshot_20221031_145639_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
That's my issue. You even have always on display on and you get 3 days. I don't even have it on and I get less than 2 days
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
Doesn't sound right you should be getting at least 3 days
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
How is the apple watch ultra?
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Honestly, I'm amazed at how polished it is. I am not really a fan of apple products but I must admit that I am very very impressed by the watch. Everything is extremely smooth. The measurements seem to be accurate and fast.

Plus, battery life is amazing even with everything turned on except AOD. 3+ days close to 4.

I loved the rugged look so I wanted to test it out for the fun of it and return it afterwards. But now I feel like I might just keep it lol

If it was possible to connect the apple watch ultra with my Samsung, I'd switch to it from the GW5 Pro in a heartbeat.
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
Yeah my son and daughter have the regular apple watches and I'm not impressed but the ultra looks good in my opinion
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yup. That's what attracted me to it in the first place lol. It looks awesome