Original topic:

Galaxy watch features missing in Canada

(Topic created on: 08-31-2021 01:08 PM)
Domdidom
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

It's shameful of Samsung to be selling the galaxy watch for the prices they do in Canada when BP and ECG are missing. I don't care if it's up to Health Canada or Samsung not doing enough to get it approved. The price is a ripoff without those two features. Also, I suspect this is on Samsung not doing what they have to do since Apple was able to get approval for their watch. 

7 Comments
rebella
Active Level 4
Wearables

I agree so disappointing

Georgine
Options
Wearables

Hi Domdidom, Samsung strives to bring connected health, fitness, and wellness experience to our consumers - from real-time tracking to sleep and stress management to insights - to help set and achieve their health, fitness, and wellness goals. Built-in ECG sensor is one of the efforts, which will enable preventive health monitoring solutions and services. The Blood Pressure app and ECG app will be not available until necessary regulatory clearance, approval, or certificate is secured in your country. Samsung is committed to providing the best possible mobile experiences. We are looking forward to sharing more information on availability soon.

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Wearables

Same story as when I bought my 3 version when they first came out 3/4 of a year ago.

Available soon is a lie

Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Wearables
I laugh when the "mod" can't even say Canada (it is a Canadian group lol) there response of
"The Blood Pressure app and ECG app will be not available until necessary regulatory clearance, approval, or certificate is secured in your country."
Snoke
Active Level 4
Wearables
So sad :(
ZeroCool23
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I'm guessing they are wanting the publicity and hype of ECG/EKG, BP and stress monitoring, but they haven't applied for the appropriate license or something is delaying the process.  Which aligns with Samsung's behavior of mocking Apple for publicity then copying the behavior soon there after.  As they were running hype for these features prior to the Galaxy watch 3 lineup release and still nothing to date, but not 100% if this was also done prior to series 3 lineup.  If they want these features to be active Samsung needs a Medical device active license which they appear not to possess.  Which is embarrassing as they have had more than a year to obtain it as both Apple and Fitbit have had their licenses since 2019 and 2020 respectively. Which can be found by searching on Google using these words exactly  " medical device active license listing canada". It should usually be one of the first links which should lead to the Medical device active license search on the canada.ca sub-domain.  Hopefully Samsung gets there act together otherwise they are hoodwinking consumers and their fan base.  If Samsung really want to create an active ecosystem that consumers will invest in to rival Apple then they have to put in the work and money.

rebella
Active Level 4
Wearables
You said it all