Original topic:

Galaxy Watch4 won't via PowerShare

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 05:45 PM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
**bleep** Samsung, the GW4 won't charge on my S22 Ultra via PowerShare. No matter where I place the watch with or without a case on my phone it starts to charge and within seconds tells me charging has stopped and to place the watch on the center.

I tried this with my old Galaxy Watch today as well and Ir charges just fine, but the GW4 no matter how well it is placed always gives this stopped charging error.

This is BS and I want a refund on this watch! Even today's update doesn't fix this issue.

Why does this not work Samsung? What is wrong with the GW4 other than you're incompetent? I started looking this up and it's not just me so it's not my watch, it's THE watch in general and you need to fix this or give out refunds for this **bleep** watch!
0 Likes
9 Comments
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, As wireless charging efficiency depends on distance between wireless charging coils embedded in the devices, the Wireless PowerShare feature may not work properly depending on the type of accessories or cover being used on mobile device .

In this case it is recommended to remove any accessories and cover being used from the device that functions as a wireless charging pad before using this feature.

Also the location of the wireless charging coil may vary by device. Adjust the device and the Galaxy Watch4 series to make a strong connection.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
If you read my post, I stated with and without the case was the same result and no matter where I tried placing my GW4 it ended with the same problem yet my old GW was fine. This is a GW4 issue and it needs to be resolved on Samsung's end or if it was bad hardware design in the GW4 then I want a refund and will wait for the GW5 instead.
0 Likes
Wearables
So you know, I have the ZFlip3 and the GW4 and I can easily charge my watch with power share. Even with a case on.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Congratulations. It didn't work case or not on my Note 20 Ultra or the S22 Ultra. Figured maybe was my Note 20 when I got the watch in January and waited for the S22. Waited for the update to the watch that we just got and still nothing which is why I came here. I have seen others having the same issue so maybe something with the zflip3 works better than the non-flip phones but it's very annoying and frustrating things don't work the way they should.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Wearables

Hi , we suggest you To perform factory data reset. Please backup the data  Before performing the factory data reset.

Navigate to Apps screen → Tap Settings → General → Reset.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Wearables
Watch brand new didn't work on my Note 20 Ultra and it didn't work when I received the S22 Ultra.

Factory reset is useless and I'm sick of trying this when I know 100% that is not the problem and won't help.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Wearables

Hi BloodWolfe, we suggest you to go to nearest authorized service center so that the technician will examine the device and fix the issue. Here's the link to find nearest Samsung Service center. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
kaygee99
Active Level 1
Wearables

Im having the same issue. My gw 4 wont charge using s22 ultra powershare. I can hear a chime that its connected but then gives me message to move in the center of phone

0 Likes
blu3iris
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

If anyone sees this is the future and has the same issue, its most likely that you have battery saving turned on. If it's turned on you can still enable wireless power share but it will not function until you turn off battery saver. You won't receive any notifications or prompts telling you to do this, thus causing you to think your phone is not functioning normal.