Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 01:43 PM)
Jeremy101
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I heard from a source that Google Assistant will be made available for the Galaxy Watch  very soon, can someone in Samsung confirm this?

I am myself unsure whether this will ever happen. Just let me say that when I purchased the watch I really believed that the Assistant update was just around the corner but it has been several months since it's launch and we have heard nothing. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wearables
Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and as a small gesture of encouragement for me as well... Thanks and Cheers...!!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Wearables
Hi Jeremy. It was indeed announced that Google Assistant will be coming to the Watch 4 series some time in the future, without any confirmed dates. I think the general rule of thumb is to buy a device for what it can do now, not what it may bring tomorrow.

Nevertheless, the Watch 4 is still an amazing device, and like Mr. King mentioned, Bixby is a good (and only) alternative. :)

View solution in context

0 Likes
27 Comments
Wearables
Sadly no dude... Yes it's announced by Google on their Keynote when they announced the partnership with Samsung for their watches... Sadly til today no confirm news when Google Assistant is coming to Watch 4 series...

I am a proud owner of the Watch 4 too... By the way, do try out Bixby cos that's what I use daily on my phone and now Watch as well... it's quite a good alternative...
0 Likes
Solution
Wearables
Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and as a small gesture of encouragement for me as well... Thanks and Cheers...!!!
0 Likes
Solution
Wearables
Hi Jeremy. It was indeed announced that Google Assistant will be coming to the Watch 4 series some time in the future, without any confirmed dates. I think the general rule of thumb is to buy a device for what it can do now, not what it may bring tomorrow.

Nevertheless, the Watch 4 is still an amazing device, and like Mr. King mentioned, Bixby is a good (and only) alternative. :)
0 Likes
MuanJapan
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I hope soon. Bixby doesn't work on my Galaxy Watch 4 because of "country or region" so I don't have access to an assistant. Really makes me not want a Galaxy watch in the future.

0 Likes
Wearables
Is your Watch 4 a non-Singapore set?
0 Likes
Soadyp
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Bixby is atrocious and every google user wants to use google assistant.  

And no i dont accept it was reasonable not to offer google assistant in the first place.

The watch is good. But battery life, known to be weak at time of purchase and lack off google assistant are big negatives for me.

Only once GA is available will i be happy with the purchase.

0 Likes
Wearables
Hi Soadyp. I think most of us share your concern regarding the inclusion of Google Assistant on the Watch 4. The official news from Samsung is that is will be coming soon. Although I can understand that such a non-concrete update can be frustrating.

Hence, as I have mentioned, it is best to have the mindset of purchasing a device for what it can do now, rather than what may bring in the future. And also to evaluate if the device meets most of one's needs. If the choice of a voice assistant is a deal-breaker, then perhaps there are better alternatives out there or upcoming in the smartwatch market.
0 Likes
Jeremy101
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thank you all for your advise and feedback.
Wearables
No problem! Hope you fully enjoy your Watch 4 and stay safe too! :)
0 Likes