Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 01:43 PM)
Jeremy101
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I heard from a source that Google Assistant will be made available for the Galaxy Watch  very soon, can someone in Samsung confirm this?

I am myself unsure whether this will ever happen. Just let me say that when I purchased the watch I really believed that the Assistant update was just around the corner but it has been several months since it's launch and we have heard nothing. 
Resolved!
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Wearables

Hello Jeremy101. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

Kindly take note that we haven't received any confirmation on adding the Google Assistant with our Samsung Galaxy Watch4. Alternatively, we may suggest you to use Bixby.
Bixby is a user interface that helps you use your Watch more conveniently. You can talk to Bixby. Bixby will launch a function you request or show the information you
want.

For more information about your Samsung Galaxy Watch4, please visit the following link for the user manual :
https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202111/20211109131621220/SM-R86X_R87X_R88X_R89X_UM_EU_...

Hope this can help you.
Thank you.

0 Likes
JP23
Active Level 1
Wearables

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for your post.

I am also waiting for GA to arrive on my GW4. When you say adding, is GA actually ready to go but it's up to Samsung to approve it first? Do you know if it will be coming at all?

Thank you and sorry for so many questions.

Jens

Members_icvzpgC
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi Avinash,

when I heard the new galaxy watch would have wear OS I was excited as I just assumed it would have GA, the one thing I have really wanted on my watch, with out it there is no compelling reason for me to update from my galaxy 3 watch. I have no use for bixby at all unless there is some way for it to send messages to the GA eco system.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Joris_Martens
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Dear Avinash,

I understand that Samsung tries to promote Bixby, ik even tried to use Bixby..

but unfortunately it doesn't come even close to Google assistant.

The the lack of, for example, the Dutch language that Google assistant has been neatly equipped with for a long time is a big downer.

How can a company like Samsung leave its customers out in the cold like this?!
I have been using Samsung since the Galaxy S1, and I am otherwise very satisfied. Always had to bypass Bixby because the language thing.

But now that I have a Samsung S20 5G, and a Galaxy Watch 4 running on Google Wear OS for over 1000 euros..

Google Assistant is the common thread for many customers.

This is really a trigger for me to leave Samsung, the hardware is here, but "policy" will win? Samsung, wake up!

Or learn Bixby to speak Dutch quickly.. :(

WoutervZ
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I have exactly the same experience, the same Samsung devices at the moment, and the same message to Samsung!

Lafertin
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Samsung say already since 2019 that Bixby going to speak Dutch.

I don't hope the GA promise take as long as that they promise Bixby going to speak Dutch 😅😅

I just ordered it but now I think go send it back.

0 Likes
Freedom_1976
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hello, the problem with Bixby is it cannot control my home device as google assistant.  I but a watch4 to replace me active 2...  So I'll return it cause tha g assistant cannot be installed.  Sorry

0 Likes
FOM
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi! Thx for answer but it meantime on internet appear some workarounds to install the Google assistant. So, users are very interesting to this future and meaby the team need to do a little attention. Fyi and your team.  https://youtu.be/pNu93iZcgwE 

0 Likes
JP23
Active Level 1
Wearables

The APK is designed for phones and will drain your battery like mad. Its does work but it's not designed to go on a watch by no means.

0 Likes
Members_nj16nau
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I don't understand why this thread is "solved". I bought the galaxy watch 4 because google assistant was going to be supported. In the future is so vague. I'm now convinced I was scammed through false advertisement.

Thankfully it seems the next Fossil smartwatches will beat Samsung to it and support google assistant. I love samsung product but I don't like being screwed over.