Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 01:43 PM)
Jeremy101
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I heard from a source that Google Assistant will be made available for the Galaxy Watch  very soon, can someone in Samsung confirm this?

I am myself unsure whether this will ever happen. Just let me say that when I purchased the watch I really believed that the Assistant update was just around the corner but it has been several months since it's launch and we have heard nothing. 
Resolved!
27 Comments
Jay1973
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I would like to see a straight answer to this question. I am thinking about buying a galaxy watch 4, but google assistent is a dealbreaker for me. i currently have a Fitbit Versa 2 and when I bought that they said that google assistant would be available in the future too. Now I am still stuck with alexa that doesn't even work in the Netherlands and the word is the versa 2 will never get GA. I am not going to make the same mistake again. I wil wait untill I am sure GA will run on the Galaxy watch 4 or I will buy the ticwatch Pro 3. Pretty lame they closed this as solved without giving a proper answer.  When will Samsung finaly understand that we don't like being forced to use Bixby. Bigsby doesn't let me control all my google home devices!!!!!!!

Jeremy101
Active Level 1
Wearables
It's a new year and Samsung has been quiet, very quiet about GA for the watch 4. If they had no intention of including it, THEY SHOULD NOT have said so in the first place. This is irresponsible for such a prestigious company.
Turk181
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi, install "assisstant by alberto" and you can use GA! 

0 Likes
JP23
Active Level 1
Wearables

yes, its more involved but it is designed for the GW4 and works with WhatsApp which any other solution does not: https://youtu.be/htWdVv4rg2g

0 Likes
sebastian70
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I contacted the Samsung support which told me that either the Always-On-Display-Bug (digital clock blocks notifications) nor the non-coming Google Assistant are planned to be fixed. Luckily, I live in Germany and have the possibility to return the device since this leads to the device being faulty. Could you please provide us with a link where Samsung promoted the Google Assistant coming with an update?

Sidewindr
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Bixby is the worst of any voice assistant I have ever tried.. it recognises about 2/3rds of the words spoken to it and the rest it just gets plain wrong.. essentially unusable.  I have been using smart phones etc. For over 20years since their inception and have used all generations of voice recognition and based on what was available at the time of use Bixby sits at the bottom... wayyyyy down the bottom.  I have samsung TV, Phone, Watch, Microwave etc. and refuse to use Bixby as it is useless, yes I have given it a go several times.

Sunrock
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Is there any Update regarding this issue? Why is Samsung so quiet about that if they announced that this is coming. I am thinking to return my watch. It feels like they are working on the 5th generation and forgot about all the people who bought the 4th one. Really sad to see this. 

chuckctv
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

i agree, i hear talk about a 5th gen, when the promise of GW4 hasn't come out yet, and that is the only reason i bought the stupid watch, i have the GW1 and GW2 and both work as good if not better and look better than the gw4. apparently ive wasted to much money.  Unfortunately Samsung is the top dog in Android hardware as Apple is on IOS hardware.  Siri is SOOO superiors to everything else on the apple watch. but with Google not making a hi-quality google watch and Samsung just holding on to the sucky non updated bixby (fyi: talking to BIXBY sounds stupid, i will never say "Hey Bixby do this" I'm just a bit to cool to say something that sounds that stupid. Id rather say "Hey watch" or "Hey computer", but "Hey Bixby"/???. I Need my Google assistant, and really would love (And would gladly pay for...) to give the **bleep** google assistant a real trigger name too.... 

I want my promised GW4 with Google assist.  Also where is our promised (all lies i assume) Google pixel watch that has so many sites CLAIMING they got stolen footage of proof that the google pixel watch is about to come out any day now (claims that are every month now for the last 2 years). Maybe Samsung didn't promise google assistant maybe it was lies from posters try to get money from YouTube and twitter channels?????

0 Likes