Original topic:

Got email regarding buds2 pro registration

(Topic created on: 02-04-2023 07:40 PM)
djvn
Active Level 5
Options
Wearables
I got an email with subject "thank you for registering your device" and content of the email saying "Welcome to the
Samsung family
with your new
Galaxy Buds2 Pro".

However I didn't receive buds 2 pro yet. I pre-ordered s23 ultra and buds 2 pro was added as well. 

Any idea what this email means ?
0 Likes
9 Comments
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, the subject which you have posted in not clear. We request you to write back to us with the detailed information that you have received through an email.

So that, it will be helpful for us to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

djvn
Active Level 5
Wearables
This is the screenshot of the email.Screenshot_20230205_172620_Yahoo Mail_1000015138_1675635980.jpg
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Wearables

You could log into your Samsung account and see if you have buds 2 Pro registered

What I find off is the fact that it says the Pro version of buds 2 and from what I seen it was just the buds 2 that were offered with the S23 Ultra and not pro

I don't see anything in your screenshot about taking you to a site but if there is a link to take you to a site don't click on it

You can just log into https://www.samsung.com/ca/ and check if the buds are registered in your account.

I know it doesn't look good that I just told you not to click on a link and then show you one to click on but if you don't trust it you can log onto samsung site yourself using the link as a guide😂🤣

0 Likes
djvn
Active Level 5
Wearables
Thanks for your response.
0 Likes
ash404
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I just got the same email, but I think I just realized something which you might notice too.

1. I got the Samsung Buds2 pro from a student offer after I purchased the S23 Ultra.

2. However, if you look closely to the email, it seems to be referring to a mobile device. In effect, the email contains information on "Smart Switch" "Samsung Pay" & "Samsung Health." Everything within the email seems to indicates that it is cellular device related because of all the cellular device pictures.

3. I believe that this is happening because I've noticed recently that there is a bug in Samsung's online platform when it comes to online orders and how the items are listed in the order. If I look at my order, it will show the Galaxy Buds2 Pro picture where the S23 Ultra should be.

4. In conclusion, I think that this email is meant to say: "Welcome to you new S23 Ultra" however, because of the glitch happening on Samsung's end on the "My order" section, the email is bugged in the same way because it uses that bugged information.  

I have a question for you though. Did you get your shipping information yet? Did you receive your device? Buds 2 Pro image for the S23 UltraBuds 2 Pro image for the S23 Ultra

0 Likes
djvn
Active Level 5
Wearables
I didn't get the device yet. My order says shipping starts from March 19. Similar situation for me as well. I have placed the order using my employee benefits and both buds 2 pro and mobile showing the same icon of s23 ultra.
0 Likes
ash404
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
That's interesting 🤔 I'll keep you posted if I get more information. I guess you got the green S23 Ultra? I got the black which is supposed to ship starting Feb. 8th. Seems like it's normal though..? Maybe the email is just automated or something regardless of whether you received the device yet.
djvn
Active Level 5
Wearables
Mine is Sky Blue
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Wearables

When you buy items straight from Samsung they are preregistered for you before you get them.

Likely means you will be receiving the buds shortly