Original topic:

GW5 Pro - battery life

(Topic created on: 11-25-2022 01:38 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Wearables
Another post for this watch battery life. I want to use this as proof that my watch is defective when I go to the service center so can you guys please post a screenshot of your battery life and settings?

Thanks a lot for your help

All health sensors off
Detect workouts off
All notifications on
Location on
AOD off
Wrist to wake on
Auto brightness
Voice detect for Bixby and Google assistant off

In 9 mins, I already lost 1% lol

14 Comments
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Wearables
Power saving mode active at all time. Only way last me a bit longer. Compare watch 4 nothing seem improved as much. We are using same processor from last year model.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yeah. I had the watch 4 as well and only reason why I wanted to upgrade was for the battery. So it annoys me so much that my battery isn't even that much better 😑
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Just went to the service center and even the agent there said that it wasn't normal that my watch doesn't last more than 2 days.

Left it there for repairs (battery replacement). I guess we'll see how it goes after I get it back in a week or 2.
0 Likes
anthropoidcze
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Do you have any feedback from the service center please? Same problem here.

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
The first time, they had returned it to me saying there was no problem and they only reflashed the firmware.

I used it a bit more until the watch learned my battery usage pattern again and it was still dying too fast so I brought it to the service center again.

Another agent helped me this time and he also had a GW5 Pro. We compared battery life and he too said that it wasn't normal.

So he took my watch for repair again and said he'll push it for actual replacement this time.

They replaced the motherboard and battery and ever since then, my issue has been fixed. My battery life lasts longer now.
0 Likes