Original topic:

GW5 service update

(Topic created on: 11-30-2022 09:19 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Wearables
Went to the service center and left my watch for repair on Saturday November 26th.

They called me and told me my watch was ready today, Tuesday November 29th.

I was impressed by the speed of it. In the beginning...

Upon arriving to the service center, the guy just said there was nothing to repair. They only flashed my watch and "ran some tests" and everything came out normal.

So they basically didn't do a single thing and it took 3 days 😑 wow.

When I went there Saturday and explained my situation, the dude even said that it wasn't normal that I can't get over 2 days of battery cause his non pro version gets that even with AOD on...

Now back to testing it again cause they resetted it and it needs to learn my battery usage again...

Sigh what a waste of time. What's the point of having a warranty?!
31 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Wearables
I won't be buying Samsung ️ again, my experience hasn't been overwhelming.
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
I've tried 🍎,pixel 3,4,6, OnePlus 7pro,LG and way back Nokia but I keep on coming back to Samsung. From the slider(that I loved) through all the S series and now to the ZF3 I can honestly say my experience has been great except this year with the ZF3. Look at the latest update 13 with one UI 5 not much has changed visually the smoothness,quick and snappier has changed alot for me. But that's Samsung all the bells and whistles are usually there without any updates. That's my opinion.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Wearables
I got the pixel 7 pro this time, and since this is a Samsung forum, I am not going to say much except that I like the pixel better. This year has been poor with Samsung, from service to actual goods delivered.
Wearables
Hey Bro, I was experience battery drain after firmware update. I reset my watch and still facing battery drain. I troubleshoot over a week now and yesterday I almost forgot what I did from the beginning.

I open wearable app -> watch settings ->apps

I actually click on
Assistant (Google)
Messages (Google)

and click disable for these 2 apps. Now my battery draining slower like before. But my watch still showing learning stages. But I can confirm in 2 more days.

So, I have the GW5 Pro BT ver. My phone is with me all the time. I do not need Google Assistant on watch. Not using it doesn't mean it is not running from background. I also use Samsung Messages, not Google messages, so I disable it as well.

Finally, I sign out Google Account from wearable app because I don't use any Google servive on watch. Make it not syncing with Google account.

Now, after over 8+ hours at night I just use 6% battery in bedtime mode + not connect BT. It was 11% battery use after overnight.

Change the settings, charge it up and see if my suggestion help.

But if you are Google fans, and my finding is ture, then you have to sacrifice your battery life for Google apps.

Let me know if this works for you. Good luck. 😃
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Hey man! Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't disable Google messages because I use that instead of Samsung messages.

I had disabled Google assistant before and it didn't really change much but I'll try that again to see if it changes anything.

Do you track any workouts at all with your watch? Just curious to see how it would work or not if you want to track your work out locations but log out of Google services which means maps wouldn't work, right?
Wearables
I tracked these only. See my screenshot.

I think you need Google account on your watch if you use Google Messages. I am thinking either Assistant or Google Account on watch drain the battery. Since I disable these, my battery life is winderful so far.Screenshot_20221130_093535_Samsung Health.jpg
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Aaahhh ok ok. And you don't record location either.
Wearables
I reset my watch, so it is turned off. Now I turned it on, will see if it affect the battery life.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Wearables
But why would you have to do all that to preserve your battery when Samsung was telling us with all sensors, notification,AOD and many other features running it's a 2 to 3 day battery?