Original topic:

Hearing aids mute at every sound

(Topic created on: 06-28-2022 12:54 PM)
kylek89
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
On my Galaxy 8 when any sound came from the phone it did NOT mute or dampen my hearing aids. 
On the s22 every single sound the phone wants to produce mutes ALL ambient sound from my hearing aids. 
Its extremely disorienting. Please help.

Ive turned on the hearing aid support setting and it changed nothing. There are no settings in the hearing aid app to correct the problem either(OticonOn)
6 Comments
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi kylek89, please turn off mute all sounds options in the Hearing enhancements and check if it works properly.

Open Settings >> tap Accessibility >> and then tap Hearing enhancements >> toggle off mute all sounds.

0 Likes
kylek89
Active Level 1
Wearables
Nope.
The hearing aid "mute" is only when other sounds are being produced by the phone.
It might be the hearing aids have to be adjusted by the hearing aid tech because its a new phone. But im hoping to find a solution without having to go in for an appointment
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Wearables

Hi, we can understand that you want to find a solution without having to go in for an appointment. We kindly request you to access the given link below and follow the given steps.
Check if it works.
If it doesn't work please write back to us.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-hearing-enhancements/

0 Likes
kylek89
Active Level 1
Wearables
Figured it out. Was my bad.

By connecting the hearing aids striaght to the phone the phone was treating them as just a standard bluetooth device.
For it to work the way i want, the hearing aids use the bluetooth mouth piece as the connection point.

So only connect the mouth peice, not the individual aids to the phone. The hearing aids use the mouth peice as a relay

Works perfectly now.
0 Likes
kylek89
Active Level 1
Wearables
This is for Oticon hearing aids
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi kylek89, we appreciate your efforts to get the issue resolved.

Please write back to us if you require any further assistance.

0 Likes