Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Help with watch 3 and 5

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 05:58 PM)
BakedPrincess
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hey everyone so I'm needing some help. I have a s21 ultra, and I had a watch 3 connected to it. (It still is connected). I recently got a watch 5 and I am wanting to know how I go about downloading watch faces and everything to my watch 5. 

Do I need to disconnect the watch 3 first?? 
7 Comments
Solution
Wearables
Congrats on your new watch! Sapphire glass is super cool!

The watch 3 uses a different software to the one in the watch 5 and I believe you won't be able to use 'some' of the watch faces. There are some that's available but not all (eg, the one with your day schedule isn't available on the new watch).

The best way is to go, is to click on the galaxy wearable app and add the watch 5. You don't have to get rid of your watch 3.

Set up your watch 5 from scratch. Download whatever watch face you'd like(I believe there are more selections for the watch 5)

If you want, the wearable app also has a setting where it'll know which watch your wearing, and connect to that specific watch. It's not 100% accurate, but does work most of the time.

Let me know if you have other qs and I'll try to help. Enjoy!
Sluggers
Active Level 1
Wearables
i have a samsung galaxy watch 5, and i cant connect standalone to maps, i was told by samsung this was possible and i bought it, i have been trying for days now and no success. the watch is LTE
0 Likes
BakedPrincess
Active Level 3
Wearables
Thanks heaps I'll give it a try. I think my phone must still be linked with my watch 3 though so I may have to get rid of it as such
0 Likes
Wearables
Ah yes, if you want to completely remove the number share, then you have to unlink it via the app and then reset the watch.

I would back up the watch 3 first though. Then after reseting, simply restore and it'll be just like before.

Or you can sell it (just make sure you switch reactivation lock off).
BakedPrincess
Active Level 3
Wearables
Awesome thanks !! I'll give it a try ...by app do u mean the wearables app?
0 Likes
Wearables
Yes, correct. I don't have my watch 3 anymore. But from memory you can stop the number share. Then it will come up with a message to say you need to reset the watch to fully unlink.

Keep replying here if you have other qs!
BakedPrincess
Active Level 3
Wearables
Thanks again I'll try in the morning after kids leave for school..that way I have a clear frame of mind haha