Original topic:

How to verify watch 5 is original samsung

(Topic created on: 02-23-2023 12:22 PM)
dudleygb
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Hi there,

I am purchasing a samsung watch 5 in the box, is there a way to use the serial or imei number to check if the product is indeed original?

0 Likes
7 Comments
uchetia
Active Level 6
Wearables
You have to connect it to your phone. If it connects via the Samsung wearable app and shows the details means its real
dudleygb
Active Level 1
Wearables
The box is sealed, they won't allow me to crack it open and test it. Seems like it's real with all the box stickers etc
0 Likes
uchetia
Active Level 6
Wearables
Where r u buying it from?
0 Likes
dudleygb
Active Level 1
Wearables
Just a guy off private ad
0 Likes
Wearables
Just buy it from Samsung. You're saving maybe 150 bucks but if you get scammed (and it's common plus no warranties), that's a lot of money to lose. The watch is also going to be supported for a while with security updates.
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Wearables
It may be genuine but the risk of a scam is too great. Also it may have been bought some time ago with loss of warranty time even if you can transfer it. It may also have been bought from overseas or from a "grey" seller like Kogan. If so no support from Samsung Australia.
0 Likes
dudleygb
Active Level 1
Wearables
In the end, samsung offered me another loyalty promo that I stacked with the existing deal and got a new one. Sorted, thanks for all the comments
0 Likes