Original topic:

Informer App for Watch5 Pro LTE.

(Topic created on: 02-17-2023 11:52 PM)
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi Sammies,

I don't know and very weak at high tech phones and watches. 

In Singapore, almost everyone uses WhatsApp. I don't remember why I installed Informer app in my Watch5 Pro LTE. But I'm able to receive my WhatsApp message and could reply. 

But I recently realised that Informer app drains plenty of battery. My watch is set to 1/3 brightness without having the watch face appearing all the time. But it still could only barely last one and half day from 100% to 0%. To be safe. I would say that my watch could only last a day of normal usages of health monitoring. I don't exercise at all, and I don't use the GPS. But I leave WiFi and BT turned on all the time.

I hope someone could help me by giving me setting or any instructions. Can my watch still works the same of I uninstall Informer app? Will I be able to receive and reply WhatsApp and what Informer app could do?

Thank you!

Best regards, 
John Lim

0 Likes
19 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi Bear9119, able to see in ur Galaxy Wearable's App Notifications that WhatsApp is toggled on?Screenshot_20230216_184238_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi JP19. I turned on notifications of all apps, including WhatsApp. But I still don't get messages and notifications from WhatsApp. I think I have to visit the physical Samsung shop to ask them help me. Thanks again! Have a nice weekend.😃
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi, btw just to check that u also have the Wear OS app installed, is it? Which means u have both Galaxy Wearable and Wear OS by Google apps installed, right? Actually for Samsung watches running Wear OS 3 and above, will just need to have the Galaxy Wearable app installed will do.
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi JP19. Yes. I have all installed in both my phone and watch.
I watched on YouTube that taught Por5 users how to install WhatsApp, YT, IG and any app we want by creating a developer mode on our warch, turn off some debugging, and then download any apps's AKP into the watch. I know nuts about all these. Do you suggest I trying these steps?
How I wish there's somewhere or someone I could go to in Singapore to help me with everything by paying fees. O doubt the Samsung outlet staff, or my operator, Starhub could do these for me.
Do you happened to know of any resources like these that I could visit?
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Haha.. actually don't say u.. I also know nuts about enabling developer mode on the watch to install WA and etc. 😅

U may try.. however, I believe those YouTube videos will often include a disclaimer that the settings could brick the watch and void the warranty.

Have u tried Samsung's Smart Tutor before? It's a platform for users to get in contact with Samsung's technician over the phone and u granting permission to the technician to remote into ur phone to view ur settings.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Btw, do u want to try to uninstall Wear OS by Google app on both phone and watch? Because I feel that the Wearable app is sufficient. Not sure if the Wear OS by Google app is the culprit.
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi JP19. These are screenshot on my watch and ohone. 🙏🏼Screenshot_20230221_120605_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230221_120505_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi Bear9119, are u still having issues?
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi JP19. I gave up and called Samsung. They've helped me to book an appointment to visit their service centre next Saturday to help me to fix everything I don't know. From the moment I dialed the Samsung helpline till I hung my phone, 2 hours have passed. Thanks your kind concern. Have a restful weekend. Take care.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Thanks for the update! 🙏 It must be frustrating, not being to see whatsapp notifications despite wearing ur watch.

Hope at the service centre, they will be able to solve all ur problems! 😁

You too. Happy weekends and take care! 😋
0 Likes