Original topic:

Lift to wake link to DND - Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 09:25 AM)
JustAskDave
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hi, I have a Galaxy Watch 3 and an update late 2020 removed the link between DND and the Lift to Wake feature. Previously I had DND set on a schedule and at 9pm every night it turned on, disabling Lift to Wake screen.  Now it's separated and controlled by the Goodnight mode which does not have a schedule and turns itself on and off whenever it feels like it (turns on mid afternoon while at mybdesk working and doesn't turn on when asleep at night!)..

Is there any way to link them again, or roll back the software update that broke this, or set a timer for the Goodnight mode?

Cheers, Dave.
0 Likes
4 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @JustAskDave, that's strange. To turn on lift to wake: 

Open the Settings app on your watch

Scroll to the option titled Advanced and tap on it.

Scroll until you see Wake-up gesture and tap it. 

Toggle on beside Wake-up gesture to enable raise to wake.

If this does not work, please send us an error report for this to be further investigated by the research and development team. 

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send. 
0 Likes
JustAskDave
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hi Laura, I don't understand why no one at Samsung understands!!

Lift to wake works and incan turn it on and off. However it used to be linked to Do no Disturb, so that when Do Not Disturb activated at night, it disabled the Lift to wake until the next morning when Do Not Disturb automatically turned off and Lift to wake started working again.

This link has been removed so I go to sleep, Do Not Disturb activated on its schedule, but Lift to wake is still active so moving during the night turns the screen on.

Why was the link between the two removed and how do I get it back!
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi @JustAskDave, thank you for the clarification. Please send through an error report so that our research & development team can look further into this. 

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send
0 Likes
JustAskDave
Active Level 1
Wearables
Problem solved, the watch died a few weeks later while swimming... has now been replaced with a Galaxy Watch4, this version with WearOS has the Goodnight mode and Do Not Disturb linked together.
0 Likes