Original topic:

LTE watch active 2

(Topic created on: 04-29-2021 09:55 PM)
PurpleHeart
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

The reason why I bought active 2 with LTE is for me to use it independently  from my phone. But when my phone is off, I cannot receive and send text messages. I have to connect the watch to my phone. How come making and receiving calls are possible even my phone is off? Please help. 

0 Likes
3 Comments
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hi PurpleHeart,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community.

Are you using the active network service on your watch?
Please make sure that you have an active network service on your Galaxy Watch Active2 LTE.
On your watch, navigate to and select Phone. Tap the Keypad icon to dial a number, or tap the Contacts icon to select a specific contact.
You can make calls or messages directly from the watch without being connected to your phone.
Press the Power key on the watch, and then navigate to and tap Messages. To compose a new message, select either the message icon or the contact icon located at the top of the screen. Enter or choose your recipient. If you want to send a reply instead, select the message from the log.

0 Likes
PurpleHeart
Active Level 1
Wearables

Yes, Telus is my network service. I don't have any problems on how to use the watch. Everything was perfect until my phone ran out of battery. That's the time I found out that I cannot send and receive messages when my phone is off.  I already checked everything under Mobile network. Mobile data is on, and network mode is lte. Both calls and messages are working if my phone is on. But if my phone is off, only the calls that are working but not the messaging. 

0 Likes
adam40
Active Level 1
Wearables
Mine is overheating when in standalone mode, paid $200 for the extra care but when I told them they need to fix it they tried to charge me another $70
0 Likes