Original topic:

Preparing Dispatch???

(Topic created on: 03-30-2022 08:27 AM)
KeyReign
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

I ordered a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and the Galaxy Buds Pro on 3/23. On 3/24 the order went from Processing to Preparing Dispatch. Anyone on here have an idea based on recent experience how long it takes for Samsung to put a watch and a set of headphones in a box, print a label and ship it out? I also ordered (on a separate order) an S22 Ultra, but after reading through the forums here, I am not holding my breath expecting it to ship anytime soon, even though it too moved from Processing to Preparing Dispatch after 3 days. 

46 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Wearables
Preparing Dispatch just means its in the warehouse and ready to be shipped, as you can see from all the post ref S22 pre orders with some being around 7 days at that stage like mine. My educated guess would be around the 7 day mark before you receive a email with the tracking info etc
CharmaineK
Active Level 5
Wearables

I was told after 6 days in Preparing Dispatch that my item is packaged and waiting for FedEx to pick up in the next 2-3 days. Then it could be another day or 2 to be delivered. So looks like a 10+ day process even though it has been sitting ready to ship the day I ordered it.

jokkir
Active Level 6
Wearables
The time it ships out really depends on FedEx's capacity (Samsung Canada's shipping partner) to handle the orders depending on the size of shipping. They clearly still have a huge backlog of phones still being needed to be sent out and fulfill orders and those are in priority.

So to answer your questions: it depends. It can be a day, it can be a week or more. Your order is just about to be sent out and is in queue to be shipped.

0 Likes
CharmaineK
Active Level 5
Wearables

Yet if I order from Amazon through the link to the Samsung Store the delivery is next day.  And the item is almost 100 bucks cheaper!

0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Wearables
Amazon and Samsung are different even if bought from the Samsung Store seller there since it's most likely fulfilled by Amazon (which is an entirely different courier at this point) so none of the issues Samsung is having from orders made on their site is affecting the ones from Amazon (except maybe the amount of products they have and even that's different due to different allocation of supply going to the many different retailers).

Amazon recieves products from Samsung that's ready in their warehouse and sends it out using their own logistics network.
0 Likes
CharmaineK
Active Level 5
Wearables
Maybe I should cancel from Samsung and reorder from Amazon and receive it tomorrow. Price is cheaper aswell!
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Wearables

What @Echo1 said. Dont hold your breath lol

0 Likes
CharmaineK
Active Level 5
Wearables

7 days and waiting!

I ordered the Samsung 4 LTE Smartwatch on March 23. Status changed to Preparing Dispatch March 24. After 7 days and still no change in status, I contacted Samsung Canada. I was told the item was packaged and waiting for FedEx to pick up in the next 2-3 days. I am baffled why my order is ready for pickup and 7 days later I am still waiting for the courier to pick up and deliver in yet another 2-3 days, then add on the delivery to my house. It is a 10+day process. If I ordered from Samsung through Amazon.ca (today it is almost $100.00 cheaper) the delivery is next day! I contacted Samsung and asked for a price match - they were selling on sale for $349.00, Amazon was listed for $329.00 (today it is selling for $279.99). They told me to carefully check the description (the one differnce was the colour description - Samsung site says Pink Gold, Amazon site says Gold) and I was made to feel weary to purchase through Amazon (which has a link to the Samsung Store) and they do not match the price. In the end, I felt safer ordering directly from Samsung Canada.  Also, I ordered from Samsung through Rakuten.ca when I saw the smartwatch on sale and got 5.0% cashback plus 250 AirMiles. I paid $395.00 after tax and Cashback. Saving money is worth the wait! I searched other retailers but the Pink Gold 40mm LTE is not available anywhere other than Samsung and Amazon. 

https://www.rakuten.ca/ticket/store/samsung.com?s=toolbar&interstitial=true&channelId=2&sourceId=11&...

I ordered Bud2 earbuds from Samsung last August and received them in the same week. 

Screenshot 2022-03-30 145350.png

Amazon.png

0 Likes
CharmaineK
Active Level 5
Wearables

I also ordered a Samsung4 LTE Smartwatch on March 23. Status still says Preparing Dispatch 7 days later. I contacted Samsung and was told my item is packaged and waiting for FedEx to pick in the next 2-3 days, then it will be another day or 2 for delivery to my house! Hope I don't miss the FedEx delivery because they won't drop at the door. They will try again the next day until a person accepts the package. Frustrating because if I ordered from Samsung through Amazon, it would be next day delivery and almost 100 dollars cheaper for the item! But I was swayed by the Samsung rep to not order through Amazon, that the specifications are different. No choice but to wait until it finally arrives! It seems to be a 10+ day process. This model watch, in the colour I want (actually, the only choice I somewhat like, and I ordered a leather band elsewhere in a colour I want) is not available anywhere else except Samsung.com and Amazon.ca. 

0 Likes