Original topic:

Samsung didn't even applied for ECG and Blood Pressure from health Canada, SEE PROOF, they needs to

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 08:41 PM)
Ja55ie
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/pn7lll/samsung_didnt_even_applied_for_ecg_and_blood/

Hi, guys i will go in brief, there is no issue from Health Canada, Samsung is playing with Canadian users, they sold the active 2 and then watch 3 in Canada and people bought it for ecg and blood pressure stuff after watching live streams on launch,guess what they have not applied for license yet or something which we dont know yet. Marketing strategy to sell the product saying it will come, 2 years not even on active 2 how can we trust on watch 4?

I wanted to check who is at fault, as i was buying watch 4 thinking this time it should be available but my friend who bought said there is no ecg then i went ahead and wanted to check why it is not coming since active 2 promises, i went to https://health-products.canada.ca/mdall-limh/prepareSearch-preparerRecherche.do?type=active where any company needs license for class 2,3,4 for medical devices, class 1 license is not required as per health canada

if you search apple in company name, you see apple applied in 2019 for ecg and irregular rhythm

apple.png

now add samsung you will go one by one you will see xray, ultrasound devices stuff

samsung.png

  ch3, active2

but there is no license for ecg and blood pressure from company, we are played by samsung in canada.

This is all gross, dont buy watch 4 guys unless they provide us the feature!

There is no use for hardware when we cant even use it, this needs to be checked what is going on rather then playing with the consumers, we want to know the status.

26 Comments
DragonBooster
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Yes, mate. This is why Samsung is getting ducked by Apple. If Apple rolls out any feature, it will be available in all parts of the world. Samsung is marketing with the features and they only care about sales. 
Samsung has worse reputation in markets like India because of this. Xiaomi, Oneplus are a big hit because of their after-sales support. Yet they are proud of their sales. But people who knows tech stuff know this is a  🅱️ullsh!t  company and won't care about customers after they bought things.

We bought the watch because of the features, and they sold a lot of watches and didn't even care about the features. Even though every user is talking about this. 

Duck u Samsung 👎🏻

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Looking forward with interest, to seeing Samsung's Canadian Moderators comments, IF they comment. 

stmax
Active Level 6
Wearables
I can step in here: Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Have you tried a factory data reset? We will forward your input to our team.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

And who exactly are you? "our team"?

What affiliation do you have with Samsung?

Seems to me like you're a poser, or a troll. 

uzairm87
Active Level 8
Wearables
U missed the joke lmao.

Hes acting like he's a rep and that's they type of responses reps always give on this forum
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Wearables
I've been saying it for years (thanks for proof ) that it was never health Canada fault like Samsung was saying it was laziness on smasung part for not even trying. It's terrible as i could see if the price was cheaper as we're missing core features, but nope it's not lol
jokkir
Active Level 6
Wearables
Doesn't that link not prove anything? It's all active licenses and not pending applications or declined applications.

Straight from that page:
"Only the products that are currently licensed for sale in Canada will be listed in the Search Active Licence window."

For all we know it could be either though I'm still highly doubting that Samsung didn't apply for approval here.

Edit - I also don't think the Watch 4 was advertised here to have ECG or the BP Monitoring in Canada which makes me think their initial application when the Active 2/Watch 3 was still new was denied from regulators (or at least approval was delayed indefinitely).

It's unfortunate so I'm glad there are workarounds to get it on the device.

SmartSelect_20210913-124338_Chrome Beta_86861.jpgScreenshot_20210913-124233_Chrome Beta_86860.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi Ja55ie, As soon as we have an update on availability in Canada we will let you know. Stay tuned for any updates.

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I am still awaiting updates from when I bought my watch 3 a year ago😤