Original topic:

Samsung didn't even applied for ECG and Blood Pressure from health Canada, SEE PROOF, they needs to

(Topic created on: 09-14-2021 12:39 PM)
Ja55ie
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/pn7lll/samsung_didnt_even_applied_for_ecg_and_blood/

Hi, guys i will go in brief, there is no issue from Health Canada, Samsung is playing with Canadian users, they sold the active 2 and then watch 3 in Canada and people bought it for ecg and blood pressure stuff after watching live streams on launch,guess what they have not applied for license yet or something which we dont know yet. Marketing strategy to sell the product saying it will come, 2 years not even on active 2 how can we trust on watch 4?

I wanted to check who is at fault, as i was buying watch 4 thinking this time it should be available but my friend who bought said there is no ecg then i went ahead and wanted to check why it is not coming since active 2 promises, i went to https://health-products.canada.ca/mdall-limh/prepareSearch-preparerRecherche.do?type=active where any company needs license for class 2,3,4 for medical devices, class 1 license is not required as per health canada

if you search apple in company name, you see apple applied in 2019 for ecg and irregular rhythm

apple.png

now add samsung you will go one by one you will see xray, ultrasound devices stuff

samsung.png

  ch3, active2

but there is no license for ecg and blood pressure from company, we are played by samsung in canada.

This is all gross, dont buy watch 4 guys unless they provide us the feature!

There is no use for hardware when we cant even use it, this needs to be checked what is going on rather then playing with the consumers, we want to know the status.

GG2
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Stay tuned for another year 😆
Wearables
LOL, I've been waiting since GW1 😭.
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
GW1 Doesn't have any of those features. Active 2 and up my friend.
0 Likes
Wearables
No, GW1 has Stress feature. Not in Canada.
0 Likes
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Wearables
Stress worked on my GW1 and works just fine on my GW4.
0 Likes
Wearables
No, Stress not working on GW1. My GW1 has no stress feature. 100% sure.

Please take a look at the link.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/9i36jj/no_stress_app_in_canada/
0 Likes
DudeExitingApple
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Hopefully that will be soon. As my name implies I’m currently exploring the viability of breaking out of the Apple ecosystem.

My first purchase was the Galaxy S21 to leave behind my iPhone 12. Next I was just about to purchase the Galaxy Classic 4 to shed my Apple Watch Series 4.

I was actually ready to purchase today until I found that the ECG and blood pressure features aren’t supported in Canada as yet. 😳 So of course I slammed on the brakes. The ball is in your court Samsung.  Please don’t let me down. I was just getting started.

0 Likes
iAm9001
Active Level 3
Wearables
Can you please tell us exactly what steps samsung has taken to get approval from health canada, and what is holding up the process? Can you please tell us if the product quality is too low and therefor getting rejected by health canada? Did you even try to get approval? Is there a bug that needs to be tweaked first? Is health canada bring unreasonable?

Please give us something real, and not a pre-canned statement like the one you gave us.

How about you give us the VERY FIRST update on what samsung is planning to do with this functionality. How about giving us real I formation instead of basically telling us that samsung doesn't care about canada.
iAm9001
Active Level 3
Wearables
I heard that these features got rejected by health canada due to poor quality, and that samsung doesn't wantvthe bad press to get out. That explains why specific questions are rudely ignore by Samsung mods.
0 Likes
rebella
Active Level 4
Wearables
It's so frustrating, I ordered my Watch 4 hoping that I will get the all the features, but no. Knowing that I still didn't receive the Watch it's been almost a month since the purchase.
I was recommending to sign a previous petition was made for bringing ECG an BP to Canada, not sure if it's gonna work but maybe they cam listen if we completed the signatures demanded to reach the goal.
Try to sign the petition if you guys want and let's hope they can do something about it.
Link 👇
https://chng.it/sM8LY5pw4x